“Best Ethiopian Food in Nairobi”
Review of Abyssinia

Abyssinia
Ranked #22 of 591 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the best Ethiopian food I've ever eaten in Nairobi, and as good as any Ethiopian food that I've ever eaten anywhere else. The food was mouth watering delicious. I can't wait to go back. The restaurant may lack a great atmosphere but it was impeccably clean. The menu was very extensive. The service was very friendly and polite, but somewhat slow. It's a great place to take a date because you sit low to the ground and it's very comfortable. As I said I'll be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Amazing array of Ethiopian delicacies, friendly service, fair prices. A bit slow delivering the fruit juice for the 3 year old in tow, otherwise perfect!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Eating Ethiopian food for the first time was such a treat at Abyssinia. I'm glad I wasn't deterred by the "slightly out of the way" location. We arrived to the open air style restaurant (maybe a little chilly in the later evening of winter months) and immediately received warm, helpful service. The three of us ordered a combination meal and were thrilled as we shared a lovely variety of foods served on large shared tray of injera bread. We couldn't finish all of it because the portions were plenty generous, even though the menu stated it was for 2-3 people. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The best Ethiopian food I have had in Nairobi! Service is excellent and the food is always a treat. Get multiple items to share and some beers...you will leave a happy person!

1  Thank The_Nomadic_Doctor
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you can't go to Ethiopia and happen to be in Nairobi, Abyssinia is a true experience. The way they traditionally eat based in their bread called Injera which is to my delight "gluten free" as its made from rice flour.
The round tray is filled up with the bread and you just add all the meals you choose onto the tray and scoop the food with your bread. U can eat with knife and fork but being Lebanese, I love eating it with the bread. The meals are heavy so don't over order and the bread does fill you up.
Be sure to order the hot bean mix! yummy