“Rooms and downstairs restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi
Ranked #21 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Rooms and downstairs restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms are beautiful furnished and very clean. I had a feeling I was at last staying in a hotel that was really up to my standard. Though the restaurant downstairs was a little bit crowded, the staff are friendly and the hotel definately needs a larger restaurant, which I was told was being put up on the top floor. The present restaurant is too squashed and I feared someone pouring something on me once they went past the table I was seated at.

Anyway, now I know where I will be staying when am on assignment in Kenya. Kudos to this rather newish hotel. Lovely!

Room Tip: You need a room which has state of the art, go for this hotel. I stayed on 5th floor and my room was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came here after almost a week of "roughing" it outdoors in Tanzania. What a change! Huge comfy bed with lots of white fluffy linens. AC/heating controls inside the room that worked. Shower with hot water and pressure, plush towels, well stocked modern bathroom, great lighting. Fluffy bathrobe, slippers, and the room itself was quite large. My only knock, and it's a minor one, would be that the TV channel selections weren't my favourite, and wifi in my room was very spotty. My 2-night stay here really felt like luxury and I was spoiled. Other facilities in the hotel are modern, shiny and appear clean. The fitness centre on the top floor has a good selection of free weights and cardio machines. It has a TV, and the trainer plays top 40 hits on his stereo. The lobby restaurant serves a buffet breakfast and a la carte lunch and dinner. Atmosphere is nice in the restaurant, but their poached eggs are definitely in the learning stage. Dinner was tasty, but as well, some dishes are in the learning stages (eg. my Caesar... iceberg lettuce and a mayo dressing...) Service throughout the hotel was great.

Usually a budget traveller, I'm glad I chose to stay here. It's a little more than I usually pay, but considering that some mediocre hotels are just a little less, Best Western Premier Nairobi is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank qasr
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent a fair bit longer at this hotel than anticipated, because of the fire at JKI Airport. I was really lucky that this was the hotel I was staying in - they could not have been friendlier, more accommodating, or more understanding when I (blear-eyed and exhausted) checked back in.

There was construction going on in the room next to mine - I asked to be moved and was moved immediately.

The bar on the top is good, but the Thursday night DJ was dreadful. This wasn't news to the staff who suggested we tell him his music was making us suicidal.

The food in the restaurant is fine - but after a week it was a bit repetitive.

Lovely, friendly people - the staff are a credit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

One of the most pleasant stays I’ve had in Africa. The hotel is a great value for money - modern and spotless, easily up to the level of what any Western traveller would expect from a comfortable business hotel. My room was extremely comfortable, well laid out, with an excellent shower. The hotel restaurant offers a varied and tasty menu for reasonable prices, and the breakfast buffet was very generous.

The real reason I’m writing the Best Western Nairobi a review on Trip Advisor (which I almost never do), however, is to say a special word about the customer service. From the taxi driver who met me at the airport, through to every interaction I had with the staff, I was deeply impressed with the quality, courtesy, and friendliness of the hotel staff. (Special thanks to Evans and Lazarus for their particularly helpful assistance!)

All in all a great stay – I’d happily recommend the Best Western to anyone looking for a moderately-priced home base whilst in Nairobi!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JK201383
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We arrived early evening and only stayed the one night before departing early the next day for safari. We were pleasantly suprised with the accommodation. Rooms were spacious, nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was included in our room rate and there was enough of a selection to please most guests. All staff were warm and very welcoming, they wanted to ensure you had everything you required. We didn't have time to use the other facilities such as the bar and pool area. I would highly recommend others visiting to stay, it is very safe and reasonable rates.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bostocks
Sam630, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nairobi, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Fabsafar,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your time to post your review.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We value your comments and request you visit us again when you are in this part of the world. We shall always ensure that all our lights are in working order.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Samson Anyumba|Rooms Division Manager |
Best Western Premier Nairobi|Argwings Khodek road|Hurlingham|
P. O Box 1939 – 00606|Nairobi|Kenya|
Tel: +254 20 292 7000|Fax: +254 20 292 7005 |Mob: +254 732 292700|Mob: +254 722 292700
Direct line + 254 701 990 043|

www.bestwestern.co.ke
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great one night stay at the Best Western on the way to the Mara. Hotel was new, clean and very efficient. Rooms were well sized and had all amenities needed. One light was not working in the room but everything else was fine. Lovely breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal, hot selection and bakery items. Lunch at the restaurant was also great with the food arriving promptly and large portions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fabsafar
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

An writing the review after my second visit. The first time I went they had only been open a week or so and there were a few misses here and there, which we loudly raised :-) Am glad to note that they have been addressed when I went in for the second time :-)

It’s located on the rooftop of the hotel and though relatively small – it’s very well done. Outside sitting space is available by the pool with a great view of the city, however, it gets really cold and windy – and will just not work on a rainy day !

Concerns from the first visit :

1. The music was too loud to early, it was 6pm and we could barely hear each other speak. Second time, corrected - went in at 8pm and the volume was just right, and he was playing very good old school music.

2. The staff were not very conversant with the drinks menu, they also had a whole bunch of options listed which were not actually available. It took almost half hour before we had drinks! The barman did come to the table and explain the challenge and salvage the situation. Someone would also check on us periodically just to make sure we were okay.

Beers will set you back Kes 450 and cocktails Kes 700 (Though the Ciroc based ones are pretty good ) Not too sure about soda, could be Kes 250.

I have to commend them for one thing. We were about 7 of us and by end of the evening when we asked for the bills they came in time, separately and all correct ! This was a first for me. Most establishment always lump everything together and leave you to your own devices !!

Oh and when I went the second time – smiles all around – and they knew exactly what i was going to have and where I would like to sit :-) :-) was very pleased with that !

Drop in by all means !