“wide variety of African dishes”

Rayan Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #291 of 677 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was looking for Halal restaurant till I found this .
I like the food and the atmosphere there , hard to find a table at lunch time .
A wide variety of African dishes plus good location near Kenyatta avenue and the city center .
Prices are reasonable .

1  Thank egysioux

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Always enjoyed my meal here until a rat crossed my table walking comfortably as if it lived there. I almost threw up being that i had just finished my meal. Well i had to dash out though i was having a good time with my gal. Sad ending to a fabulous meal

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I thought I should look for a place for a quick bite while in Nairobi on a rainy Wednesday evening. Turning the corner I saw this place and thought, why not?

So I popped in and immediately noticed that it specializes in Somali cuisine. I ordered for their delicacy, which was goat meat that had been roasted then deep fried. Nice soft and tender it was, and the accompanying rice was finger-licking, until I saw one rat. So huge that I will admit I almost scrambled on top of the rickety table!

Three more appeared across the room and for a moment I almost put the piece of rib down as I thought of what I was chewing on. Could it be? The waiters seemed to be unconcerned about them. Perhaps they are used to them...

Service is good though. The food tasty but the rats made me lose my appetite.