“Great cuisine with rats for company” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“Great cuisine with rats for company”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I thought I should look for a place for a quick bite while in Nairobi on a rainy Wednesday evening. Turning the corner I saw this place and thought, why not?

So I popped in and immediately noticed that it specializes in Somali cuisine. I ordered for their delicacy, which was goat meat that had been roasted then deep fried. Nice soft and tender it was, and the accompanying rice was finger-licking, until I saw one rat. So huge that I will admit I almost scrambled on top of the rickety table!

Three more appeared across the room and for a moment I almost put the piece of rib down as I thought of what I was chewing on. Could it be? The waiters seemed to be unconcerned about them. Perhaps they are used to them...

Service is good though. The food tasty but the rats made me lose my appetite.

• Visited December 2012