“Well worth visiting .”

Ranked #24 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Pizza, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in 21 acres of Karen, a leafy suburb twenty kilometers Southwest of Nairobi, lies the Purdy Arms. With a view of the famed knuckled ridge of the Ngong Hills (“I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills” – Karen Blixen, Out of Africa) it is a relaxing place to stay, have a meal or drink or two.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth visiting .”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A fun and great place to spend time with friends thanks to Jules Grace and Kat they are always keen to Please , yesterday I joined the Sunday bike ride which is a Dusty Helmets opp out of Purdy Arms I went with Rob and a few others and had a fantastic ride, we returned to Purdy's in time for lunch (which was great) a cold beer and lots of fun talking about our mornings adventure.
Thanks again to all of you .

• Visited September 2013

Canberra, Australia
“Great spot”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The location is beautiful with outdoor seating and lovely gardens. Food is excellent and particularly enjoyed the entre of prawn, feta and ginger samosas. Sounded like a brave combination but it really works. Had an espresso afterwards and it was the best coffee I have had in east Africa. Well worth the trip out from Nairobi (we were there for lunch).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SukaMakanLos
Nairobi, Kenya
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been to the Purdy Arms a few times now for different reasons and it is the variety that it offers that makes it special. For a family meal it is a great venue due to its large gardens and outdoor eating area. The food is great too with a decent variety of dishes to choose from. It also doubles as a sports bar with plenty of room for a big crowd and great atmosphere for rugby games and I am sure for other sports too. It is a family run place and has a family feel to it and fills the gap left behind by the demise of the nearby Rusty Nail. Even though it is a bit out of the way for me (due to Nairobi traffic) it is worth the effort to get there. The staff are friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is easy and relaxing. The prices are also reasonable and it has a small number of rooms which makes it an exclusive place to stay.

Whether for a family on a lunch outing, a place to watch a game on tv, a quiet dinner or just a few pints, I recommend the Purdy as the best in the Karen area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AidanOMorgadh
Monrovia, Liberia
“Rustic, restful, and rejuvenating!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Situated in a quiet corner of Karen, Purdy Arms provided a restful and rejuvenating 20th anniversary getaway for my spouse and I in a rustic environment that reminded me of a farmhouse home-away-from-home! The availability of a great salon on the grounds made it an even better experience - got a massage, manicure and pedicure before relaxing with a few drinks and great dinner. A definate plus...!

• Visited August 2013
Zaragoza, Spain
“Great night. Karibu Tena”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I came here for dinner just the first day I came back to Kenya in January and I have to tell you, it was just awesome! My dish was delicious and huge (I wasn't able to finish it and I tried hard believe me), I found the service correct and the ambiance really peaceful and nice. Besides we choose a french wine which awaken all the senses and made me enjoy even more.

Visited January 2013