“Rustic, restful, and rejuvenating!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 419 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza, Barbecue, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Set in 21 acres of Karen, a leafy suburb twenty kilometers Southwest of Nairobi, lies the Purdy Arms. With a view of the famed knuckled ridge of the Ngong Hills (“I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills” – Karen Blixen, Out of Africa) it is a relaxing place to stay, have a meal or drink or two.
Monrovia, Liberia
“Rustic, restful, and rejuvenating!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Situated in a quiet corner of Karen, Purdy Arms provided a restful and rejuvenating 20th anniversary getaway for my spouse and I in a rustic environment that reminded me of a farmhouse home-away-from-home! The availability of a great salon on the grounds made it an even better experience - got a massage, manicure and pedicure before relaxing with a few drinks and great dinner. A definate plus...!

• Visited August 2013

Zaragoza, Spain
“Great night. Karibu Tena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I came here for dinner just the first day I came back to Kenya in January and I have to tell you, it was just awesome! My dish was delicious and huge (I wasn't able to finish it and I tried hard believe me), I found the service correct and the ambiance really peaceful and nice. Besides we choose a french wine which awaken all the senses and made me enjoy even more.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Pedro Ezequiel N
New York City, New York
“No messing around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Two wonderful girls, Kat and Jules run an amazing show here. Their welcome after a long journey is what life's all about. They're complete naturals in the hospitality business...
I've just stayed again and I was put in a room that was so big, I almost had to phone for help to find my way out. It was chilly in Nairobi and so having a fire to work next to was a real treat. The food is delicious - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really simple things done really well. Perfect.
The staff really care and are all charming. Everyone wants you to have a great time... Why other places don't aim to achieve this simple condition is beyond me.
It's really fairly priced. The gardens are extensive and very well looked after.
Oh and they have a great guy that drives you to the airport.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank deepoceansw1
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great pizza and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Arriving in Kenya for the first time, I stayed three nights in one of the Purdy Arms' guestrooms. While I knew there was a restaurant on site, I was surprised and comforted by the excellent food and great atmosphere.

Over the three nights that I stayed, I elected to eat at the restaurant each night (really, why go anywhere else?). The service was quick and exceptionally friendly. After a refreshing and cold Tusker, the servers proudly presented me with the new pizza menu. I took the bait and was so pleased to have done so. The wood-fired pizza rivaled some of the best I have had at home in the US. Although I try to be a little more adventurous about food when I travel, I knew there would be other opportunities. One should always eat pizza like this when you get the chance (especially in Africa).

Also worth note was the fireplace in the middle of the patio. And just so I wouldn't be unevenly heated, the servers also brought over a charcoal heater that took the edge off of a cold evening. I strongly recommend pizza at the Purdy Arms.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Avermonty
“Marvelarse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you want to hangout in nairobi this is the place. Their new pizza oven has finally brought pizza to kenya (finally). The atmosphere is great if you stay away from anyone called jason. Like prep h it is good on the hole