“Great pizza and atmosphere”
Review of Purdy Arms

Purdy Arms
Ranked #23 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Pizza, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in 21 acres of Karen, a leafy suburb twenty kilometers Southwest of Nairobi, lies the Purdy Arms. With a view of the famed knuckled ridge of the Ngong Hills (“I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills” – Karen Blixen, Out of Africa) it is a relaxing place to stay, have a meal or drink or two.
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great pizza and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Arriving in Kenya for the first time, I stayed three nights in one of the Purdy Arms' guestrooms. While I knew there was a restaurant on site, I was surprised and comforted by the excellent food and great atmosphere.

Over the three nights that I stayed, I elected to eat at the restaurant each night (really, why go anywhere else?). The service was quick and exceptionally friendly. After a refreshing and cold Tusker, the servers proudly presented me with the new pizza menu. I took the bait and was so pleased to have done so. The wood-fired pizza rivaled some of the best I have had at home in the US. Although I try to be a little more adventurous about food when I travel, I knew there would be other opportunities. One should always eat pizza like this when you get the chance (especially in Africa).

Also worth note was the fireplace in the middle of the patio. And just so I wouldn't be unevenly heated, the servers also brought over a charcoal heater that took the edge off of a cold evening. I strongly recommend pizza at the Purdy Arms.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Avermonty

“Marvelarse”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you want to hangout in nairobi this is the place. Their new pizza oven has finally brought pizza to kenya (finally). The atmosphere is great if you stay away from anyone called jason. Like prep h it is good on the hole

Kenya
“Best Chicken Wings in Town!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Live nearby and go here about once a week for dinner or drinks with friends. Really nice atmosphere, great gardens for kids to play away from guests dining, and the food is really good. My absolute favourite is the Chicken Wings (always ask for a bit more spicey - as that's how I like it!) Always comes out really tasty, and nice portion sizes as well. Fillet w/ Pepper Sauce is really nice as well!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MVaughters
PurdyArmsKaren, Owner at Purdy Arms, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review. We are so pleased that you like the place, and couldn't believe the gardens ourselves when we first saw the property. They are amazing and the original family who built the house put a lot of effort into making them what they are.

We do try to create a relaxed atmosphere, and are so glad that you enjoy the chicken wings.

Really look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks again.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice Gardens”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A friend ask us to try this place, saying the gardens are great for the kids to have lots of fun. That was very true the kids had a ball. The waiter was helpful and pleasant. We tried the wings which were ok, but not the best in town. We also tried the Fish and Chips, fish was excellent and easy one of the best I tried. Wish a could say the same for the chips. They tasted like they were reheated and refried not fresh. Chicken Kiev was good. Prices are reasonable. Excellent garden though.

• Visited May 2013
PurdyArmsKaren, Owner at Purdy Arms, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, and so glad that your kids enjoyed the garden.

Sorry about the chips but please rest assured that they are all fresh cooked and not reheated and refried. If you have any such issues in the future please ask for one of the owners, Kat or Jules who is always on site and will attend to any issues you have.

Glad you enjoyed the gardens and do hope to welcome you back.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a gas.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a great meal with my gal, old fashioned Fish and Chips...... as good ad my mum made. Great gardens, fab staff.... A great Sunday..

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LeetheBike
PurdyArmsKaren, Owner at Purdy Arms, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review.

People do love the fish and chips and are glad that you like them.

Look forward to welcoming you back.