“Nothing Fancy but Basically Good”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Milele Hotel Nairobi
Ranked #135 of 278 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Milele Nairobi is not your normal hotel. It is a guest-house. Rooms are not air-conditioned, but Nairobi has a moderate climate because it is over 1,600 metres or 5,500 ft. You might want to ask for a fan for your room. There is a mosquito net surrounding the bed, and I think I only spotted three mosquitos in the room during the five nights I spent there. The breakfast is very basic, but you can have all the coffee or tea that you want. The staff are pleasant, but the kitchen is rather slow.

Milele is located directly next to a large mosque. I heard the 5:00 AM call to prayer two or three days, but it wasn't blaringly loud (as I've experienced in some other countries) and didn't last long.

I would stay here again if I had to (the price was very reasonable) but I would prefer to stay in a nicer hotel with a nice restaurant and wi-fi that I didn't have to follow around with my phone held up in the air. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank king238
There are newer reviews for Milele Hotel Nairobi
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport (a good thing given Nairobi traffic). It is clean but definitely nothing fancy, and appears to cater to large groups-- church groups traveling to do volunteer work as far as we could tell. The groups tend to be very noisy, and the walls are thin, so if you stay be sure to bring earplugs. They have a really good breakfast buffet and the wait staff was really nice. Don't do laundry here though; it is ridiculously expensive-- $5 for one pair of socks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family