“nice to be there during summer”

Oro Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #445 of 566 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Oro is also opening a new gastronomic season with a makeover menu - blending tradition and creativity for lunch and dinner, but also to enjoy breakfast or an aperitif with friends. A safe haven in the city for those for whom combining lifestyle with business is essential, Oro is equipped with Wi-Fi and private connection. Roof Top BBQ Lounge for those enjoying outdoor. Italian flavour and international undertones: Oro is a well groomed, elegant refuge from everyday life in the city, where you can savour a rich selection of unique dishes and drinks immersed in an atmosphere reminiscent of La Dolce Vita in its fine dining indoor restaurant. Nyamgumi Road, Off Dennis Pritt Rod at the Roof Top of Suite Life Serviced Apartments. Outdoor BBQ Lounge or Indoor Fine Dining, the choice is yours!
Tunis, Tunisia
“nice to be there during summer”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

the retaurant offers a nice variety of food, with a competitive prices. the choise is not big but quality food

Visited August 2013
Valentina K, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Youssef,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the feedback and over the next few months will be looking to welcoming you to continue enjoying our great quality food and our select variety of special meals. Come back soon as you will find air heater warming your evening on the terrace.
Valentina

Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I wrote my first review here in may 2013 and had such a great experience at Oro that I decided to take my sisters and a friend last night. The attentive service was notably missing. It took about 40 minutes to get our food. When the food came it was barely edible. My sister ordered lamp chops which were burnt and oily and served without Tamarin sauce. It took another 10 minutes to get our waiter's attention to deal with. I ordered a classic burger whose beef was very dry and overcooked. My other sister ordered a chicken curry which she complained tasted purely of turmeric and did not enjoy her meal. Our friend mistakenly ordered pizza with mushroom when we wanted pasta with mushroom. While she admitted her mistake, the waiter was very unhelpful when we asked if she could change her order. All in all, we felt very disappointed by the poor service and quality of food and expected much more for a restaurant with premium charges.

• Visited August 2013
Valentina K, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear MonO,

Thank you for your visit to Oro. I highly apologise for your experience not being up to expectation. As Oro, we are committed to ensuring that you have a great experience every time you come. Unfortunately, we let you down this time. We appreciate your ongoing support and feedback; both when we do a great job and when we do not do as well as expected. Thank you for holding us up to the highest standards.

We have looked into the issues you have raised with regards to your experience on Saturday with our entire team. I wish to assure you that we have taken steps to ensure that this is never repeated.

I would also like to request also that you get in touch with us on 020-2635556 so that we can get further feedback and also see how we can make it up to you and your sisters. Apologies once again and hope you will give us a chance to give you the 'Oro' experience you have come to expect from us.

The Management - Oro Restaurant & Lounge - Nairobi
“Very good :-) :-)”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was my friend’s birthday on 25th May so we settled for dinner / drinks at Oro. I contacted them via Facebook for reservations earlier and requested for the food / drinks menu which were emailed for our perusal and the reservation confirmed.

Their garden is beautiful – you can see bits from the pictures ! It’s also located in a relatively quiet neighborhood. You have can sit in the garden or indoor, the décor is subtle but very tasteful. Food was good ! Portions were great as well. A few of the ladies had cocktails which were pretty decent too.

The staff = very attentive, and we were very well looked after, though they seemed to slow down when it was time to pay (Took a wee bit longer that expected to settle the bills)

Oh and we did not have to pay corkage to bring in a birthday cake :-) (Which was a deterrent in almost all other places we looked up ) The staff kept the cake and brought it out after dinner, and helped us sing happy birthday which was pretty cool :-)

We also had a screen to watch the Champions League final. Well..the plan was to wrap up dinner then move on to a sports bar, but no one was moving ! So we ended up watching the game for there !

Great place - will certainly go back !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Thetravel_buff
Valentina K, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We wish to really thank you for appreciating us in such candid way!
And for your peace of mind, and thanks to your comment, we are in the process of acquiring a Point Of Sale System, to ensure faster and easier tracking and settling of bills. We are looking forward to hosting you once again,
(Hope I will be able to greet you in person this time)
Valentina
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I found this lovely restaurant through Trip Advisor's search engine and had a rather challenging time looking for it. The number given on its page does not go to the restaurant which made it rather frustrating to find. However, when I eventually managed to find my way there I was pleasantly surprised. Tucked in a block of apartment suites along State House Crescent the restaurant is well furnished with a lovely ambience. The decor is simple but classy and tasteful. The menu has something for everyone. I ordered our meal in advance and requested our table to be prepared so that we would be ale to get back to our afternoon meetings by 2 p.m. The staff are pleasant and eager to please. The food was superb! We ordered the pork chops, fillet mignon with mushroom sauce and the chicken wrapped in bacon. Each of us cleared our plates and then shared the tiramisu which was prepared with a twist.
I will definitely come again and tell my friends about it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Caroline294207
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you Caroline for your review and mostly for pointing out the wrong phone number. We have rectified the mistake and we look forward to hosting you again. Valentina
Nairobi, Kenya
“Cosy ambience, great service!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be in the vicinity of this hidden gem and my friend proposed we check it out and have a drink. The place is well done and makes you feel warm and the service is great! The only negative is their parking which is squeezed and a hassle especially if in a hurry! I would recommend it for someone for quiet evening out.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 31Judd
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We take the parking issue to be positive feedback and we will look into improving our facilities.