“Excellent lunch”

Oro Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #464 of 598 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oro is also opening a new gastronomic season with a makeover menu - blending tradition and creativity for lunch and dinner, but also to enjoy breakfast or an aperitif with friends. A safe haven in the city for those for whom combining lifestyle with business is essential, Oro is equipped with Wi-Fi and private connection. Roof Top BBQ Lounge for those enjoying outdoor. Italian flavour and international undertones: Oro is a well groomed, elegant refuge from everyday life in the city, where you can savour a rich selection of unique dishes and drinks immersed in an atmosphere reminiscent of La Dolce Vita in its fine dining indoor restaurant. Nyamgumi Road, Off Dennis Pritt Rod at the Roof Top of Suite Life Serviced Apartments. Outdoor BBQ Lounge or Indoor Fine Dining, the choice is yours!
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I found this lovely restaurant through Trip Advisor's search engine and had a rather challenging time looking for it. The number given on its page does not go to the restaurant which made it rather frustrating to find. However, when I eventually managed to find my way there I was pleasantly surprised. Tucked in a block of apartment suites along State House Crescent the restaurant is well furnished with a lovely ambience. The decor is simple but classy and tasteful. The menu has something for everyone. I ordered our meal in advance and requested our table to be prepared so that we would be ale to get back to our afternoon meetings by 2 p.m. The staff are pleasant and eager to please. The food was superb! We ordered the pork chops, fillet mignon with mushroom sauce and the chicken wrapped in bacon. Each of us cleared our plates and then shared the tiramisu which was prepared with a twist.
I will definitely come again and tell my friends about it.

2  Thank Caroline294207
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you Caroline for your review and mostly for pointing out the wrong phone number. We have rectified the mistake and we look forward to hosting you again. Valentina

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be in the vicinity of this hidden gem and my friend proposed we check it out and have a drink. The place is well done and makes you feel warm and the service is great! The only negative is their parking which is squeezed and a hassle especially if in a hurry! I would recommend it for someone for quiet evening out.

1  Thank 31Judd
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We take the parking issue to be positive feedback and we will look into improving our facilities.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend and I celebrated her birthday, at this beautiful restaurant. The ambiance was relaxed with outdoor seating, our waiter, very attentive and professional and the food and drinks were to die for. Definitely one of the best culinary experience in Nairobi so far. Highly recommended

1  Thank Mon O
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at ORO. We look foward to providing you, your family and friends with many more wonderful experiences.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a dismal meal the previous night at the Intercontinental, I braved the traffic and the rain to eat at the Oro Restaurant. I was not disappointed. The food was great, and the service terrific. I had the sweet pork ribs with rosemary potatoes and seasonl veg. I scraped up every last morsel. I just wish the menu had a few more options... cos I could happily eat here more often

1  Thank Bill D
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Bill,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Chef is currently working on a new menu which we will be launching soon and will be inviting you and your friends to come and try out. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the 'Oro Restaurant & Lounge.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fabulous and cosy ambience. Great food. A truly haute cuisine chef. I hear she was with the famous Olive Bar and Kitchen in New Delhi. Looking forward to new things to come.

2  Thank Nimish H