“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oro Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #423 of 536 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Oro is also opening a new gastronomic season with a makeover menu - blending tradition and creativity for lunch and dinner, but also to enjoy breakfast or an aperitif with friends. A safe haven in the city for those for whom combining lifestyle with business is essential, Oro is equipped with Wi-Fi and private connection. Roof Top BBQ Lounge for those enjoying outdoor. Italian flavour and international undertones: Oro is a well groomed, elegant refuge from everyday life in the city, where you can savour a rich selection of unique dishes and drinks immersed in an atmosphere reminiscent of La Dolce Vita in its fine dining indoor restaurant. Nyamgumi Road, Off Dennis Pritt Rod at the Roof Top of Suite Life Serviced Apartments. Outdoor BBQ Lounge or Indoor Fine Dining, the choice is yours!
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

After a dismal meal the previous night at the Intercontinental, I braved the traffic and the rain to eat at the Oro Restaurant. I was not disappointed. The food was great, and the service terrific. I had the sweet pork ribs with rosemary potatoes and seasonl veg. I scraped up every last morsel. I just wish the menu had a few more options... cos I could happily eat here more often

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bill D
Anaar G, Manager at Oro Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Bill,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Chef is currently working on a new menu which we will be launching soon and will be inviting you and your friends to come and try out. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the 'Oro Restaurant & Lounge.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing restaurant, amazing chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fabulous and cosy ambience. Great food. A truly haute cuisine chef. I hear she was with the famous Olive Bar and Kitchen in New Delhi. Looking forward to new things to come.

2 Thank Nimish H
Nairobi, Kenya
“Oro Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The initial things that you notice in this new uptown address is the
beautiful elegant interior, the cozy seating and the outstanding waiting
staff. the food is very exquisite variety of dishes beautifully presented and delicious.
I enjoyed my Spaghetti alla Carbonara and my partner had the chef's special chicken.

We will surely come back to enjoy ourselves at ORO with good wine and
dining experience.

1 Thank Simone-Nairobi
nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great mojitos! superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'd been hearing about these mojito nights at ORO, and something about last week told me that i must go and check it out! its not everyday i go to places solo but first things first, well received by the reception and welcome to this really well done place! simple, contemporary, ultimately classy! loved the mojitos and the grilled fish was simply out of the ordinary! cant wait for wednesday!

1 Thank shaimus78
Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!! Just Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Received a Facebook mid-week Mojito Night invite and of course it being a dull week, I had the need to call up my gang to get entertained!!! The reception was amazing!

From the gate to the lounge! The security seemed thorough as the Lounge is in the midst of services apartments and is fairly new. (Well it being next to the president’s house it had to be)

The Mojito's were flowing as I was ordering one after the other and with the chef enticing me with the free absolutely delish samosa bitings and bruschetta! The food was also great as I ordered an Al Pepenero.

What struck me the most was the ambience of the total strangers who were guests and the management that we met and hit it of like long time buddies with engaging conversation and entertainment!! Not only did I go there for a mid-week alcoholic requirement, but also made new friends!!!

I am definitely coming back next week and every week for Mojito night!!!

1 Thank Caramela M