Review Highlights
8 day Kenya Safari Tour

The camping grounds were really beautiful and Francis the tour guide was completely amazing with... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2019
otajenny
Best honeymoon ever

Nothing was too difficult and everything planned to the smallest detail. When there was a long... read more

Reviewed December 18, 2018
BryanW820
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016

My family and I had an amazing experience with Tracey and Francis. They were very knowledgeable, responsive, and flexible. My family and I are all animal lovers, so we had asked for a day trip to Naivasha that would give us an opportunity to see a lot of animals, and we definitely got our fill! We did a walking safarai at Hells Gate National Park and the Wileli Conservancy where we got to get really close to various birds, giraffes, warthogs, zebras, gazelles, antelope, and more. We had lunch at a delicious local restaurant, and we ended the day with a boat ride around Lake Oloiden (where we inadvertently scared a lot of birds as we got close up).

We had planned to go to Nairobi National Park with my sister's coworkers, but that ended up falling through. Thankfully, Francis was able to take us for a half-day safari at the national park, and it was great that he was able to identify a lot of the animals and kept us a safe but still photographable distance from a pride of lions.

If we ever go back to Kenya -- since this was sort of a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us -- I would definitely love to explore more of it with Francis and Tracey.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Novem A
Reviewed May 29, 2016

Tracey and Frances are an amazing team. During the planning phase for our 13 day Kenyan safari extravaganza, Tracey was responsive and flexible, coping very well with my many requests and changes - and the fact that we were happy to stay in backpackers' in some places yet wanted to stay in some of the best hotels in Nairobi. During the trip, she and Frances worked tirelessly to ensure that we had an incredible experience, saw the best sights, got the best treatment at our accommodation and didn't miss anything we wanted to see.

For instance, my partner and I had been volunteering in Moshi, Tanzania, so we met Tracey and Frances at the border town, Taveta, a 12 hour drive from their home base in Nairobi. My grandparents had been living in Taveta when my mother was born and our safari was as much dedicated to following in their footsteps as to seeing the many wonders of Kenya.

From Mombasa to Tsavo West to Amboseli to Nairobi to Lakes Nakuru and Naivasha to Masai Mara and back to Nairobi, the absolute highlights (of my life, not just the trip) included:
- a night at Giraffe Manor, possibly the greatest hotel on Earth
- hot air ballooning over the Masai Mara at sunrise
- the abundance of wildlife at Amboseli with Mt Kilimanjaro forming a dramatic backdrop

I cannot wait to get back to Kenya and I highly recommend OTA to anyone heading there!

Date of experience: March 2016
Tracey B, Owner at Overland Travel Adventures - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Thank you Simon! We had too much fun with you and Pete so it was an absolute pleasure to host you. And we can't wait for more "safari-oke" next time you come!

Reviewed May 1, 2016

Me and my brother made a safari to Masaai Mara. We already knew Francis and Tracey because we've spent some nights at their place in Rongai. They are really nice and helpful people and we had an amazing time with them. The safari to the Mara was one of the highlights of our time in Kenya.

I think Francis is a really good driver and I felt so relaxed in his car. This is important because it is quite a distance to the Mara park from Nairobi. Also in the park we felt that he really knows the area and that he exactly knew when he can drive through a waterhole (this time there were a lot of them) - we never got stuck. He also drove respectfully when animals were around, what I appreciated a lot. He really asked what we wanted and did not just stop at any souvenir shop like I knew it from other safari organizations (and I think can be a bit annoying). Finally, the place where we went for the two nights was also a great spot (The Mara explorer’s camps).

I totally recommend to travel with OTA because it is a small, really personal safari organization of such a nice couple with experience and knowledge.

Date of experience: February 2016
Tracey B, Owner at Overland Travel Adventures - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you Jasmin!

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Overland Travel Adventures (OTA) helped us plan our trip around Kenya in advance of our arrival and guided us around while we were there. They were super helpful, insightful, and attentive to our needs. They planned a wonderful trip for the family and Francis was a really good guide (and a safe driver), and great company. OTA were very reasonably priced and highly trustworthy: truly recommendable!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 26, 2016

Tracy met us and and took us to the elephant centre, she was warm, friendly and efficient and provided an excellent picnic between the first and second visit. A very relaxed and happy day

Date of experience: March 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction