“Fantastic Family Trip for Christmas & New Years 2014”

Overland Travel Adventures - Private Day Tours
Reviewed January 16, 2015

My family and I had a fantastic first experience of Kenya with Tracey and Francis. From Nairobi to Mombasa we had an incredible time, visiting various NGOs and CBOs that OTA work with as well as going on safari in the Masai Mara and seeing a lion, elephants and buffalo.
On Christmas day we spent a few hours cycling around lake Naivasha with John who showed us all of the wildlife including giraffes, zebras and warthogs. We took a boat ride spotting hippos and even managed to get close to a leopard!
New Year's was spent with the inspirational Mama Mercy who runs a women's empowerment group and orphanage, another part of our trip that did not disappoint.
For a family of six. aged 9 to 50+, Tracey and Francis ensured that there was something for all of us! We couldn't have asked for more out a family holiday. Hopefully we'll be back again someday to see a rhino!

1  Thank Ashley M
"animals"
in 8 reviews
"lions"

Reviewed November 16, 2014 via mobile

To start our honeymoon, we spent two days in the stunning Amboseli National Park. Tracey and Francis took wonderful care of us, and booked us into an amazing room at the Amboseli Serena Lodge. The elephants were a highlight of our whole trip, and getting up early to see Kilimanjaro was well with it.

I have only good things to say about making the arrangements for the trip. Tracey always respond quickly to my emails, and we're really pleased that we chose OTA.

2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed September 5, 2014

My friends and I met Francis on a Masai Mara safari that we had booked through another company and had a great time with him. He knows everything there is to know about the animals on the Masai Mara and let us play the Lion King on repeat. Really nice, fun guy! When my friend and I decided to stick around Kenya and head up to Samburu, we texted him right away and he brought Tracey along. They took us out for local food at night and we got to know Kenya so much better because of them. We had a truly awesome time! You're in good hands!

1  Thank Meredith H
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Tracey and Francis put a lot of effort into making your trip as nice as possible, based on your wishes. I was in Kenya for a business trip and they arranged things even though our request was very last-minute. Fast and easy communication when setting up the trip. We had 2 weekends of free time and in the second weekend I was on my own, Tracey made sure I could join another group on a very nice trip to Lake Naivasha, so I didn't have to wonder the streets of Nairobi :) Great guiding in the national parks too, sticking to the rules and leaving the animals in peace. Also not using the radio, so often first and only ones at the interesting sites, which I really prefer over mass tourism. Would definitely recommend their organization!

1  Thank Jiska1
See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2014

A couple of months prior to my trip to Africa, I was researching tour company that does one day excursions in Nairobi. I found Tracey and Francis very welcoming and awesome. I told them my concerns (about travelling alone) and what my plan was (to visit the elephants and see giraffes). They were ontime and it ended up being a great first experience for me in Africa.

Their pricing were fair in my opinion. You can check out their website to see what the price ranges are. After the trip, Tracey and Francis took me to a local place for lunch. I loved it!

Thanks!