“Lovely dinner at Under The Radar” 4 of 5 stars

Under The Radar
Ranked #75 of 475 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Durban, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely dinner at Under The Radar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friends and I had a lovely evening here. The food, wine, atmosphere and service were great! It was slightly chilly outside and the staff were kind enough to set up a few small charcoal fires around our 'banda' to warm us up.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

“A Romantic Dinner done perfectly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife surprised me with a Valentine dinner at the restaurant and I must say I was really blown away. The decor was great, and the food was exquisite. Entertainment was soothing, was wishing it didn't have to end. But the services although friendly was very slow, orders were taking forever.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank K-Ngata
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Loved their mushroom sauce on toasted bread. Great ambiance and a good place too cool off after work. The service is quite slow though.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sue O
Nairobi, Kenya
“Appearances are Deceptive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I tried out Under the Radar this morning, after having driven past it a no. of times, and what started out as a great experience, ended on a sour, hungry note. They have a lovely outdoor set-up and a well equipped and clean children's play area, which is what had attracted me in the first place. My kids loved it and were hard at play for a good 2.5 hours until getting food proved to be an impossible task. Despite following-up on our order severally and numerous promises by the waitress (who wasn't being honest about the reasons for the
delay), 1 hour and 15 minutes later we still hadn't been served!! This considering we were the first to place an order once the kitchen opened!?! The manager on duty (Alvin I think) looked perturbed when I notified him, but offered no apology nor suggested any solutions, and we eventually left hungry and disappointed. Suffice it to say, we'll wait for a change in management before we go there again.

P.S Since we never got to taste the food, I assumed the worst in rating it

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joanne M
Nairobi
“Bad service spoilt an otherwise good evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a company event here & everything else other than the service was good.

The food was delicious, the indoor setting was lovely, nice ambiance in the outdoor "banda's"

This was all brought down by the wait staff - we couldnt get anything on time. They were so confused, i gave up on getting juice after asking different servers severally. The bar tender couldnt open a wine 2L box & someone from our team had to do it. Once we were done with dinner we were left with dirty tables.

It was such a let down after an otherwise lovely evening

• Visited December 2012