WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hemingways Nairobi

Hemingways Nairobi
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg
“Superb In Every Single Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had the good fortune to stay at this hotel for four nights last week. What an absolute masterpiece! I have never experienced such well designed and appointed rooms - literally everything has been thought of, and the quality of the furnishings is literally superb. I honestly don't believe better hotel rooms exist. The décor and furnishings throughout the entire establishment reflect total dedication to quality. This is all matched by exceptional service throughout. The restaurant didn't let us down either, as the one dinner we had at the hotel, was simply spectacular. I wish I could say more, but you have to stay there to really experience what a truly superb hotel is.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GabrielaJohannesburg
Dear Gabriela,

Your review is most kind and highly appreciated. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and we appreciate your compliments about our customer care and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back and the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

WOW what a great stay for us. My husband and I live right near Giraffe Center and we just wanted to spoil ourselves on our way home from a business trip. I emailed Betty at the very last minute and she organized a room for us. The room was immaculate (Papa Room) and so private, I didn't even realize there was other guests next door to us. We were too tired to go to the dinning area so we ordered room service. We had fish and chips and a burger and it was the best burger I have ever eaten in Nairobi. Fish and chips were excellent as well. A great meal. The whole stay was fantastic I just regret not having enough time there. I was only confused by the golf cart delivery to our rooms. It was so nice but I would have rather walked. Next time I will make sure we have more time to explore everything!! To be continued....

Room Tip: We had the Papa Room... is was private and so nice..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn G
Dear Robyn,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your husband at Hemingways Nairobi and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind feedback, we all appreciate it and also hope that since you don't live very far from the hotel, you could visit us again for another wonderful experience.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again !
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really love this place! I have been living in Nairobi for the past five months and this is my retreat away from the matatus, traffic and busy city-life. If you are looking for a place to lay low and relax, this is it.

I have visited the spa multiple times and really enjoyed the professionalism and accommodation of the staff. I had Lilian and Marian as my massage therapists on my different visits. They were careful to communicate clearly about pressure and what was bothering me in my back.

For dinner, I had the steak. I've gotten different cuts on multiple visits and always really enjoyed them. The steak is on another level in my opinion. The chips are also the best I have had in Nairobi. I found the vegetable sides and the dessert to be lacking a bit in value and taste.

I stayed in one of the rooms on my most recent visit. All I can say is "wow". The bathroom is huge and like a spa, the products were amazing. The TV is hidden in a chest and pops up at the push of a button. There is plenty of room to work and the wifi is everywhere an consistent. The view from my room was beautiful with the Ngong hills as a nice backdrop. I didn't even see a mosquito. The butler service was superb, they are well trained. Breakfast was served in my room, which made for a slow and refreshing morning. I have also used the gym. It is small, but adequate to get a good workout in. The machines and equipment are brand new.

All in all, I have really loved my experiences at the hotel. The staff is top notch and on multiple occasions the manager has greeted me to ask how things are going. You should check it out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with an unobstructed view of the Ngong hills.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew B
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members , restaurants and location .

We appreciate your wonderful feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The food is great, and the location is beautiful. However, the restaurant manager was a tad condescending and somehow managed to ruin my niece's birthday dinner by his total lack of decorum!

Perhaps a course in communication would be in order...

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 254FoodieLover
Simon H, General Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear 254FoodieLover

Thanks for your appreciation of our great food and fantastic location. With regard to your niece’s birthday dinner, as was explained by the restaurant manager and later by myself we welcome families to The Brasserie and we do our utmost to ensure all our guests are able to enjoy the ambience and in order for this to happen we do ask that parents of young children ensure that their activities and noise levels are in keeping with the general ambience as particularly in the evening guests are more sensitive about noise levels. In this instance sadly, we could not see eye to eye on what was suitable and we had to gently speak to your niece’s mother about it particularly as we had a complaint raised from other patrons. As we explained we in no way whatsoever meant to cause offence and on my follow up call the next day with the young one’s mother all was resolved and we look forward to her and her family’s promised return to The Brasserie.

Regards

Simon H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Hemingways Nairobi puts together different memories to every one who visits the Hotel.The Lobby is well set for Private meetings as you watch the sun set.They offer well balanced afternoon tea which is systematically served.

The Restaurant set up is world class which is well matched by their smart and attentive waiting Team.The service at the restaurant was well coordinated by the two managers who i used to see at the Westland's Sankara hotel.I was very happy by their attentiveness.well done guys!!!!!

To the Chef who is always to the guests the steaks were excellent keep it up too.

My only concern was the staffing - the Management needs to visit that area,The staff were almost overwhelmed by the work load and i shared my opinion with one of the Entrance desk managers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rodgers b
Dear Rodgers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

Your concerns about the staffing were well noted and the necessary action will be taken.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was my first time to visit the hotel and i was amazed by the Quality of service offered .The service team was very attentive to details and there was no room for mistakes.we walked in without reservation and we were assured of a table in 20 minutes.we didn’t bother to wait since the restaurant was packed to the capacity.

In less than 15 minutes we were ushered to our table and our waiter took us through the menu after which we placed our order.The steaks were classic , tender and prepared as per our specifications.
Thank you Restaurant team for the memorable experience we will visit again very soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doroth K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had a chance to go to this place over the Easter and ohhhh it's such a wonderful place!! The view, the service and the overall location of this hotel makes it a remarkable place for a wonderful getaway!! Far away from the hustle and bustle of town this place offers a perfect place to unwind and to recollect your mine. With awesome views of the Ngong hills and sorrounding ranches with horses spotted around, it's just one word, breathtaking!! Not forgetting the delicious food that will make your mouth water. The service second to none. Overall, this place is exceptional!!

Room Tip: All the rooms offer wonderful view around and are cosy and comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family