I appreciate hotels that take the time to correct any bad impression by their customers and i believe Hemingways is one of them.
I have previously reviewed the Hemingways Restaurant but i finally got a chance to put up at the hotel.
The word that comes to mind is luxury....its all around in the small details. The leather crafted trays and in room accessories, the recessed lighting and motion lighting int he wardrobes, the beautiful and spacious shower stall, the butler service (including a butler for every guest)....luxury.
I agree with a previous reviewer the spiel about the room and all the in room amenities can be abit long winding, may i suggest a small booklet which would serve the same purpose?
I enjoyed the golf carts (an i drove one but i think that may be a secret).
I was at the hotel with a larger group of people and the check in and check out experience were second to none. No documentation to sign, staff members knowing my name on arrival, instant service at the reception.
Special appreciation to Justus Mwanza who continues to be a service delight in the restaurant.
The spa is set to open in the coming week and i am eager to try it out.
I had an in suite breakfast and it was great, everything was exactly to my specifications.
Hemingways did not skimp when creating this hotel, first class buildings, first class accessories, pillows that are to die for (seriously!! I made a point of checking where they were from), television sets recessed in large decorative trunks, enough toiletries in the room to keep anyone happy, lovely elegant in suite decor and of course....your very own Jeeves.
Hemingways is NOT cheap.......but you do pay for what you get.
Room for improvement? But of course:
1. Towelling robes are sized for the smaller people ..........robes need to be large and warm and snuggly and luxurious
2. The duvet (or the spare duvet provided) is very very VERY linty......the lint will get unto your clothes and hair to watch out.
3. The restaurants take away packaging still needs work, i took away a slice of cake for dessert and it was packed in a HUGE container that could have easily held another 7 slices.
4. A previous reviewer mentioned the breakfast menu and i am in agreement. Its a confusing breakfast menu and making selections from it is abit difficult.
5. I was in a room on the lower floors and with the curtains open i felt like anyone walking along the grounds would see in. This of course affected my balcony reading (the robe also played a role in this) and serenity...maybe management needs to think about natural privacy aides such as leafy trees near the rooms. I watched a guard walk around the grounds and felt that if i could see him so clearly.....Food for thought.
I had a relaxing and decadent time (they kindly ceded to our request for late checkouts)
I will be back....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Hemingways Nairobi has a sophisticated and tranquil ambiance. Set between Nairobi National Park and the foot of the Ngong Hills, Hemingways Nairobi is an exclusive 5* luxury boutique hotel located in the peaceful suburb of Karen far from the bustle of central Nairobi. An all-suite property providing full butler service, a brasserie, a sunset bar and lounge and a spa, this plantation style property is perfectly placed for trips to Nairobi National Park, the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and the capital. Each of the 45 suites is a generous size with en-suite bathrooms with walk-in closets, personalised mini bars, and a private terrace with magnificent views of the iconic Ngong Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hemingways Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.