“Great Movie experience”
Review of Imax

Imax
Ranked #6 of 19 Fun & Games in Nairobi
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I remember visiting the old 20th century cinema in Nairobi and i thought to myself how terrible it was especially the sound. Fast forward to Imax 20th century and the movie experience is just superb.. The screen, the sound the atmosphere is just breathtaking... It makes you want to watch movies again and again...

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I can't believe that there are people who still have not been to IMAX. Its a fantastic screen, especially when you go with friends and you get a movie that you all love.

Only tiff I have with the place is theres not enough space outside the cinema hall. Its felt on premier nights.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed May 15, 2013

its close to the city centre, quite convenient and new experience. Food is available and you could always pop in the wine bar after the movie

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I know, I know I am talking about Nairobi, Kenya and I am saying staff is racist, Was here last week on Friday to watch a movie. I am a Indian and surprisingly out of 150+ people in the line security staff wanted to check whatever I had on me, I don't mind going through security check as I understand it is important infact at a lot of places I will suggest it should be done. The problem is when I am picked out of a line made to stand to get security check done while other's are allowed without even a simple pat down.

Teach your staff humility you have excellent facility on you and probably the best hall in Kenya. Atleast make it uniform for your visitors.

8  Thank k83_gaurav
Reviewed April 18, 2013

previously 20th century, it used to be my favourite movie theatre cos of its location and selection of movies. When it became Imax i was there at the opening party and i couldnt wait to watch my first movie in 3D!
The good thing about imax is first of all its location, right in the middle of town so its quite accessible from any side. The theatre itself is larger than any other i have been to and the screen is also huge. Very comfortable seats and leg space, great sound and of course its the only 3D movie theatre thats bound to be worth your money. They however dont allow food from outside just like many other theatres but they have everything right outside the theatre that you would possibly want to munch on before, during and after a movie.
If you watch a movie at Imax, its hard to go to another theatre after, cos its simply the best!

3  Thank Shiru S

Been to Imax? Share your experiences!