“Great value for your money”

Hotel Central Park Nairobi
Ranked #113 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is located in a busy part of the city but once inside you wouldnt tell it apart from other class hotels.
The hotel is very clean and the staff were courteous & friendly. I felt secure within the hotel and with staff.
My family and I ate and enjoyed several meals at this hotel too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank QueenLKG

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel twice and will never return. The rooms are ridiculously noisy, partly due to the neighborhood (which was not great) and partly due to the Zumba classes that literally vibrate every room in the hotel starting at 6am. We complained to the front desk who was unresponsive. The beds are rock hard, the bathrooms only somewhat clean, and the towels had hair on them. No mosquito nets. Btw, am not even sure where the "management provided photos" on this trip advisor listing came from..saw nothing like the sleek boardroom and clean exterior that these pictures show! If you are looking to save a few bucks, don't do it by staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank OvertheHill-7
Millicent W, Manager at Hotel Central Park Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sorry for the experience.We listen,we care and we value our guests.Your review has helped us and we have already taken action.We are in the final stages of putting sound proof windows to ensure that the noise from our health club does not disturb our clients.
We would like to host you again when you visit Nairobi and we shall offer a complimentary night.
Thank you again and we take all reviews positively because we are partners and would like all our guests to have the finest experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed here everytime i travel to nairobi. The rooms are perfect. the staff is friendly. The restaurant is good with a extensive african, indian, chinese and contiental menu and the prices are average. I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here several times. At times the resturant becomes crowded and there seems to be a shortage of staff, you might have to wait for a while before u can locate someone to place your order. Overall, its a very friendly place and real value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jimglobal
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are planning your first trip to Africa. It caters to few Westerners, clients are mostly Africans, and it's located on a busy but somewhat hard-to-find street in the hustle and bustle of downtown Nairobi. The price is great (I paid $60), the staff are very nice and entirely trustworthy, and the hotel is safe. You can walk around the neighborhood in the day (though not much of interest is nearby), but it's not safe to do so at night.
I had one mosquito in the room (there is no net), but Nairobi doesn't have malaria so I wasn't concerned. The hotel has a decent restaurant, and breakfast is fine too. There's the occasional prostitute sitting in the bar lounge looking for work.
Wifi works fairly well in the rooms. The shower was fine. There is a TV with a few channels. There's also A/C and heat.
There is some noise, but not bad.
It's definitely a budget hotel, but it could be perfect for your needs and pocketbook. I will use it again. But it's not for everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank GOfifer
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night in March. Overall this hotel was pretty good. It cost a lot more then I like to spend per night on a trip and it is not super fancy or special, but at $70USD a night, it is one of the least expensive hotels you will find in Nairobi outside of backpacker digs. I had a double room with one queen bed that was comfortable. The room was small, but clean, well maintained, fairly up-to-date with a TV, refrigerator, hot water and awesome water pressure. The Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The rate included breakfast which was a basic breakfast buffet of juice, coffee, tea, eggs cooked to your liking, toast, potatoes and fruits. It was just fine. Breakfast was served in the restaurant. That was the only meal I ate there. I did not go to the bar. There was free wifi throughout the hotel. The signal is very strong, the wifi slow...(welcome to Nairobi!)

Cons? A few but nothing a deal breaker. No safes in the rooms, which is always nice. The front dest would take your valuables and put them in an envelope in their safe. There is no air con, which is not needed in Nairobi as it is fairly cool at night. However, it is really noisy with the window open and there are no mosquito nets. There is also no fan of any sort in the room which would be great. Just a small fan would make this property a lot better as the rooms have no air flow at all if the window is closed and really noisy if open.

Location is really a rush but in a good location. Once you get used to it. If you actually tried to find this hotel on your own, I don't think you could. It is buried down a small crowded street and blends in with it's surroundings. It is right next to a small Tusker grocery store for you to pick up drinks and snacks. You are also surrounded buy a multitude of shops and services and the constant hustle and bustle of the city. The guard up front was great in hailing me a taxi to the airport. Cost for the taxi was 1500ksh. (around $17)

Overall I found Hotel Central Park to be an overall good hotel. It could use a couple little tweeks, but I would stay there again. Bring ear plugs for sleeping....trust me on this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kenincr
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Decent rooms, Perfectly clean and convenient configuration. Stayed there for 3 Nights and I will Absolutely go back there whenever in Nairobi. Liked the Breakfast Buffet,the bar naxt to the Reception was really cool.The Receptionist was the most friendliest person so far,(She puts on Glassess),can't Remember her name.Definately recommending it to my friends.Location was very convenient, Room number 214 is Fantastic.Airport pick up and drop off service was proffesional. You will see more of me there...

Room Tip: 214 is quite something.Lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The central park hotel in Nairobi is a 3 star hotel within the city and close to all the hot spots. Less than 5 minutes away from movie theaters, churches, house of parliament and other business locations it offers the best value for your money. This 3 star hotel has very good customer service and the food and accommodation are of high standards. The only down side is that it is located in the noisy part of the city.For most of us who are on a tight budget, this is a good deal and i would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms that are on the opposite side of the main road are less noisier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business