“A home away from home at Nairobi”

Dreamplace Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #70 of 278 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Looking for and booking a place at Nairobi from Lahore for a two weeks duration just over the internet, I was a bit nervous because I had heard many strange stories about how foreigners are cheated in Nairobi. Frankly speaking, I was initially a bit reluctant to settle for Dreamplace. However, Joan kept following up with me now and then, and I decided to settle for it considering its prime location for international organizations' visitors.

Meeting Joan at reception and then settling in my room was a complete amazing experience for me. The location, the quality, the amenities, and above all the warmth...all was exceptional.
I made a few new friendships while staying at Dream place...Thank you!!
If you are visiting Nairobi for a short duration, and looking for something cozy, calm, well managed, and still feels like home, don't consider anything but Dreamplace!

Room Tip: Just make sure your windows are closed at dawn and dusk- avoid mosquitos
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mehmood H
There are newer reviews for Dreamplace Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ended up staying here after an unpleasant event - the hotel that I had made reservation at, didn't process the reservation and, atu arrival, they were no more rooms available. The unpleasant event turned into an excellent experience - checking in and staying at the DreamPlace. The manager here, Joan, is an excellent host. She's up, waiting for her guests until late in the night, and, in the morning she's fresh and kind and helpful, like she never gets tired.
You come in the room at 1am, and need breakfast at 6am? No problem. She's there for you.
You need advice of where to buy souvenirs from? She'll make you a map, and you're there in no time.
The rooms are clean and cosy, and they have plasma TVs with international news channels.
The wireless internet is free.

You'll never regret staying there.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent three nights at dreamplace while on a business trip to Nairobi.It was super,its a nice,quiet,safe and secured place to just let go and relax.The spacious rooms,sitting room and the interior design so cool and inspiring.If you like walking or strolling,then i recommend dreamplace,cos you can easily walk down the roads to the UN,the american embassy and above all the village market! I had enjoyed my stay and i will defintely go back to dreamplace.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rita A
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was looking for somewhere reasonable and close to the UN. What can I say about the Dreamplace? Aptly named for one. Joan is such an amenable host; she waited up until 1am to welcome me, had breakfast to facilitate early meetings, arranged all my transport (which is vital in Nairobi) and even helped me make my flight back home by transporting my passport to me which i forgot. Dreamplace is more than just cosy beds, warm showers and tasty breakfasts. Such value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! This sounds like I'm showering them with praise but I had such a great, effortless trip because of Joan and the Dream place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had an overnight stay in Nairobi for business. The guest house is very well located for UN offices and is near the Village Market. The room was very comfortable, breakfast was good, and Joan, the manager, could not be more helpful. I will definitely be a regular visitor

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was my first stay in Dreamplace. When I arrived, I was greeted by Joan and her staff and they are really nice. My room was well furnished and big. Bathroom was quite spacious. View from the balcony was very beautiful. I arrived in the evening, thus, staff was kind enough to order food for me. One of main advantage of this place is that Village market is very near (2 minute walk). Dream place has a beautiful and well equipped kitchen and the food is really nice. I was allowed to cook food and I enjoyed it a lot. Internet (wireless) and TV are excellent, Dreamplace has the fastest Internet in the neighborhood. Common areas are well furnished and decorated.

Staff is really helpful, always willing to assists. Manager, Joan, is really nice. She help me a lot by taking me to different places in Nairobi especially to Masai market, arranging transportation etc. For me, Dreamplace is a home away from home. If I go to Nairobi again, I will definitely stay at Dream place and I highly recommend this place to every one.

Room Tip: Just discuss with Manager, she is very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MuhammadAhmad
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed twice in the Dreamplace and have had an amazing experience both times! Upon entering the home, I was greeted with a beautiful view of a winding staircase and a gorgeous and comfortable common room area. The house is absolutely stunning and the rooms are comfortable, bright, clean, and welcoming. There is both ethernet cables in the room and wireless available in the common areas. As well, it is a few minutes walk to Village Market, which has just about everything you might require-- as well as the very convenient Village Market matatu stop, from which you can easily get to town!

The staff are incredibly helpful-- willing to assist you in any way possible, even going so far as to offer to order Indian food for you after a long day of travelling or prepare breakfast for you before 6 am so you can leave early for a flight! They are happy to assist you with whatever questions you may have.

I would recommend this place to everyone who goes to Nairobi!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo