New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dreamplace Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #102 of 235 Nairobi B&B and Inns
“Really excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ended up staying here after an unpleasant event - the hotel that I had made reservation at, didn't process the reservation and, atu arrival, they were no more rooms available. The unpleasant event turned into an excellent experience - checking in and staying at the DreamPlace. The manager here, Joan, is an excellent host. She's up, waiting for her guests until late in the night, and, in the morning she's fresh and kind and helpful, like she never gets tired.
You come in the room at 1am, and need breakfast at 6am? No problem. She's there for you.
You need advice of where to buy souvenirs from? She'll make you a map, and you're there in no time.
The rooms are clean and cosy, and they have plasma TVs with international news channels.
The wireless internet is free.

You'll never regret staying there.

• Stayed November 2012

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Juba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent three nights at dreamplace while on a business trip to Nairobi.It was super,its a nice,quiet,safe and secured place to just let go and relax.The spacious rooms,sitting room and the interior design so cool and inspiring.If you like walking or strolling,then i recommend dreamplace,cos you can easily walk down the roads to the UN,the american embassy and above all the village market! I had enjoyed my stay and i will defintely go back to dreamplace.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rita A
kigali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was looking for somewhere reasonable and close to the UN. What can I say about the Dreamplace? Aptly named for one. Joan is such an amenable host; she waited up until 1am to welcome me, had breakfast to facilitate early meetings, arranged all my transport (which is vital in Nairobi) and even helped me make my flight back home by transporting my passport to me which i forgot. Dreamplace is more than just cosy beds, warm showers and tasty breakfasts. Such value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! This sounds like I'm showering them with praise but I had such a great, effortless trip because of Joan and the Dream place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Moshi, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had an overnight stay in Nairobi for business. The guest house is very well located for UN offices and is near the Village Market. The room was very comfortable, breakfast was good, and Joan, the manager, could not be more helpful. I will definitely be a regular visitor

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was my first stay in Dreamplace. When I arrived, I was greeted by Joan and her staff and they are really nice. My room was well furnished and big. Bathroom was quite spacious. View from the balcony was very beautiful. I arrived in the evening, thus, staff was kind enough to order food for me. One of main advantage of this place is that Village market is very near (2 minute walk). Dream place has a beautiful and well equipped kitchen and the food is really nice. I was allowed to cook food and I enjoyed it a lot. Internet (wireless) and TV are excellent, Dreamplace has the fastest Internet in the neighborhood. Common areas are well furnished and decorated.

Staff is really helpful, always willing to assists. Manager, Joan, is really nice. She help me a lot by taking me to different places in Nairobi especially to Masai market, arranging transportation etc. For me, Dreamplace is a home away from home. If I go to Nairobi again, I will definitely stay at Dream place and I highly recommend this place to every one.

Room Tip: Just discuss with Manager, she is very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MuhammadAhmad
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed twice in the Dreamplace and have had an amazing experience both times! Upon entering the home, I was greeted with a beautiful view of a winding staircase and a gorgeous and comfortable common room area. The house is absolutely stunning and the rooms are comfortable, bright, clean, and welcoming. There is both ethernet cables in the room and wireless available in the common areas. As well, it is a few minutes walk to Village Market, which has just about everything you might require-- as well as the very convenient Village Market matatu stop, from which you can easily get to town!

The staff are incredibly helpful-- willing to assist you in any way possible, even going so far as to offer to order Indian food for you after a long day of travelling or prepare breakfast for you before 6 am so you can leave early for a flight! They are happy to assist you with whatever questions you may have.

I would recommend this place to everyone who goes to Nairobi!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cali, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was one of the first guests at Dreamplace as it had just opened. They were still working out some things, so it was impressive that my stay was so pleasant. The location was great, as it is walking distance to ICRAF and the UN. Also, just a couple of blocks from the Village Market shopping center. The Internet connection was excellent. Breakfast was included, and it came with lots of options such as eggs, different kinds of breads, fruits and juice. It was nice to meet at breakfast some of the other guests staying there, mostly people working in international development. They have cable TV with nice new flat screens, and some international channels such as BBC, CNN and others. The best thing about Dreamplace was the great service and attention from Joan, the managing associate. She was very helpful in orienting me to the area and helping with little things like getting the right taxi, changing money etc. I recommend Dreamplace to others and will certainly plan to stay there again the next time I am in Nairobi.

Room Tip: I stayed in the top room, up the stairs from the main hall just after entering into the guest house...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business