“Top quality hotel”
Review of The Boma Nairobi

The Boma Nairobi
Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Two night stay whilst transiting through Nairobi. This hotel was a very enjoyable experience. Very large and well furnished room, modern bathroom with tub and shower, comfortable bed, and very clean. The breakfast was excellent.

One problem that I experienced consistently, however, was that hot water takes too long to come through to the room (several minutes). One maintenance problem that I reported late at night was rectified within 10 minutes.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham K

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Found the Boma to be expensive in comparison to other hotels in Nairobi, but the service was out of this world, the food fantastic and the facilities excellent. The amenities was clean, easily accessible and the staff sincere and eager to help and assist. Rooms are spacious and well organised and caters superbly for business travel. Showers needs a rethink in terms of size and practicality.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed in three other hotels near JKIA, Nairobi and was keen to try the Boma. The key to this hotel is the VERY friendly staff and management. I was reliably met from JKIA on arrival and the car and driver were of a high standard. The rooms, spa, restaurants and general quality of the Boma are very impressive and the location is in a calm area with good access to Wislon Airport, JKIA and the city centre. The hotel overlooks the Nairobi National Park. I travel constantly and this one of the few times that I have been determined to write a review. A fantastic hotel !!

Room Tip: Make sure you have good WiFi coverage in your room. A booster is available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Boma. Nice room, great bed and good shower. The staff are very helpful. The restaurants serve very nice food. I used the gym and the pool and had a wonderful massage. And profits go to the Red Cross. A good deal all round.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The service was amazing, food great, comfort level wonderful and only a short drive to the airport using the hotel car for $20. They even provided a boxed breakfast when we had an early start to catch our flight. The only minor complaint would be that the showers were not great and we were looking forward to this after staying in very basic places before this.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a great stay there, staff friendly great breakfast, great rooms. lovely place i wish i would have stay there longer, i was in kenya for 3 months after two i move here best choice i made its a really quiet and wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2014

First, it is worthy of note that I travel specifically for business and Nairobi is always my transit point - in other words, I only spend max two nights in Nairobi before proceeding to my next destination.

Now with respect to the Boma, first they have excellent internet and I an never disconnected from the world when I am at this hotel and what is even more delightful is that it is free.

Next the rooms are exactly 5star standard. Extremely clean, beautiful and cosy. You will find that you can really rest when you enter that room.

Food: In general I am not a very adventurous eater so I eat only what I am familiar with. That said, everything thing I have eaten at the BOMA is spectacular. Kudo's to the chef!!!

Customer Service is spectacular; all of them. The receptionist work really fast to get you into your room. I must praise them especially for their extreme professionalism and high customer service skills. Once I arrived at the hotel and my online reservation had not reached them. They still immediately checked me in while they sought things out. I was incredibly impressed. Some other hotels would just keep you standing in the lobby even after you present them with your booking print out. All hotels where I had had this kind of treatment, I have vowed never to return to even if they were the last choice - in which case I will rather sleep under a bridge or on the floor at the airport,

The Boma guys really know how to treat their customers and I am most assuredly confident that you will love it. It is a full 5star hotel and the price is the best you can get anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business