“Boma Nairobi”
Review of The Boma Nairobi

The Boma Nairobi
Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed April 19, 2014

One of the many hotels in Nairobi, but one with a more relaxed atmosphere and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.
I arrived late, but they already had my details as pre-booked. As I had been there before they also recognized me, even though it was a short visit.
I had to get up early to depart, before normal breakfast served in the buffet, but they arranged for the cooks to start earlier and I had the full range of food availble to me, excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnRose52

Reviewed April 18, 2014

After a long and tiring journey to Nairobi from Brisbane, Australia, it was delightful to check into the Boma. Check in was friendly and efficient, the room was very spacious and comfortable, with a delightful and refreshing bathroom.
The dining room is amazing, with eye-popping lights and stained glass windows. The food was delicious too. All the staff at the hotel were friendly and welcoming. From the security people to the window-washers, waiters and housekeeping, there were cheerful smiles and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Room Tip: There is a building site at the rear of the hotel, so a room at the front would be preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NeddyR
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spent 3 days at The Boma and it was a great experience! Close to the airport and great room! Staff is very attentive and the room was very spacious. Food is also wonderful!!! The Boma is a great find!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2014

While in Nairobi for work, I stayed here for a night.
There is nothing I can complain about. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had modern fittings with all the amenities one could expect in a luxury hotel. A special shout out to the powerful shower.

The breakfast buffet was superb with a wide variety of continental and Indian fare. The day I left, I had to checkout very early (6.00 am) and when I mentioned this at the reception, they made sure that on that day, breakfast was kept ready for me, even at such an early hour. Very thoughtful indeed.

Oh! And did I mention that the profits generated by the hotel go to the Kenyan Red Cross.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at the Boma en route to JHB from Lagos. It is conveniently located close to the airport and the service there is excellent. Despite the late hour of my arrival the staff went the extra mile to make special arrangements for me including opening the business centre at midnight. The bonus of it all is that all the profits generated by the hotel go to charity.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the pleasure to spend my last two nights in Nairobi at the Boma Hotel. Travelling with my sister, we wanted a safe, comfortable hotel near to the airport. The Boma did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The cafe offered excellent drinks and cakes. The pool was clean and refreshing. I was suffering from a bad ankle injury, and not exploring beyond the confines of the hotel, so I can't comment on nearby amenities for shopping, etc.

The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom with separate shower and tub were a welcome treat. I had a soak both nights while there. We indulged in room service for almost all our meals, and everything we tried was absolutely delicious! The room was generous in size, and we both appreciated the spaciousness. We used hotel transportation to and from the airport, which was very convenient. Thanks to all the Boma staff for making our experience a great one. We found most hotels in Nairobi to be quite pricy, so on a relative scale, I feel the value for money was fair. And to support the Kenyan Red Cross in any capacity is always a good thing. If I find myself in Nairobi again, I would definitely stay at The Boma Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hello RebeccaC63,

Thank you for sharing your views on our hotel.

We are happy to have delivered on our motto; Eat well, work well, be well and sleep well. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards

Aggrey

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had booked at the Red Court (Boma Inn) - the lower-priced 'sister' property to the Boma right next door. I was fortunate to find myself 'upgraded' to the Boma. On check-in I was greeted by a service representative who served me with a hand towel and fresh cool juice (something you expect in Asian hotels but not in Nairobi). The customer service person pointed out all the features of the luxurious-feeling room and then called later that day to ask if everything was OK. There was also a hand-signed letter on the desk welcoming me to the hotel! Technologically, the room was impressive. Next to the glass desk was a console with every conceivable kind of connection (multi-outlet power, USB, VGA, Ethernet, RCA audio/video, HDMI). Alas I didn't have most of the right connecting cables so I could try them out but I presume it links to the impressive flat-screen television. The separate shower was VERY powerful and thanks to the frosted glass wall into the bedroom, the bathroom is very light-filled. The bed was not the most comfortable that I have slept on. The cafe in the rotunda serves delicious food and excellent coffee (my capuccino was expertly served) till late hours. The restaurant serves a nicely varied generous buffet breakfast and is filled with light. I did not get a chance to use the pool, but the gym was well-staffed, with modern equipment in good repair, and windows that look out the back of the property. The other restauarants/bar in the hotel serve a fairly narrow menu and one evening we had to wait quite a while for our food to arrive, but the service was friendly, and the food quality was excellent. I look forward to returning in a few months. I like that it is quite close to the airport so you don't need to brave all of Nairobi's legendary traffic, although you will still encounter some of it on Mombasa Road. Best of all, the hotel benefits an excellent cause - the Kenyan Red Cross.

Room Tip: I would advise asking for a room that does not open onto the Rotunda if you are a light sleeper. If...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hi olivetreecanada,
Thank you for your feedback.

We will celebrate all the positives from your stay and diligently work on the alternate restaurant where you found our menu to be limited and service slow. We look forward to your return visit.

Aggrey