The Boma Nairobi
Hotel Rio(Nairobi)
  • Restaurant
Weston Hotel(Nairobi)
View Hotel
All reviewsred crossclose to the airportdomestic airporten routewilson airportrooms are largeexcellent hotelworld classlong flightbreakfast buffeteast africamain restaurantmodern hotelbusiness hotelshort staynational parkmasai mara
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Boma Hotel is a New outfit in the City of Nairobi. really a 5 star hotel built to serve. It is clean and modern, good for family outing, business personalities and corporate bodies.
The Boma Hotel is well located in the City of Nairobi. Good for conference.

I stayed there with my family and we were impressed by the service. The costs are worth the service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Aggrey B, General Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Victoriasafaris,
We are glad that you and your family were impressed by products and services. With the escalating costs of everything, we happy that you found our prices to be still competitive.
Thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed only 1 night on my way to Maasai Mara. I requested airport transfer in advance via email and received response very promptly (charge $USD15 per person). The hotel's driver did wait for me at the airport until I got out which involved some delay due to bags arriving late. Check-in was very efficient. All staff are very friendly providing service with a smile. Hotel is new and modern. Rooms and the hotel overall are clean. Food is good. Now the really great stuff: On my way back from Maasai Mara I flew Safarilink which was a good experience. I arrived on WIlson airport where I was planning to spend a few hours before transferring to the Kenyatta International airport for my next flight at 23:50. However I found that Safarilink was closing their terminal at 18:30. I did not want to go to Kenyatta early because of the issues there. So I called Boma and asked them to pick me up. The switchboard lady (Lilian) was extremely nice and organised the pick up very promptly. I went to Boma reception and explained that I will not check in but only use their restaurant before going to Kenyatta. The receptionist (sorry I did not take her name) offered to store my luggage and then offered me the opportunity to freshen up in their health centre which was extremely welcome - many thanks, this is excellent customer service, typical Kenyan hospitability. This finished a great Kenyan holiday on a high note. Well done Boma, well done Kenya. Asante! I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ioan G
Aggrey B, General Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hi Ioan,
Thank you very much for the review.
Our team is exited that they contributed to a memorable Kenyan experience for you. We look forward to your next visit to Kenya and hope that we will remain in your itinerary.
Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I thoroughly recommend the Boma Hotel. Friendly, professional staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, lovely swimming pool and a welcoming atmosphere greeted us. I was concerned the hotel may not provide good vegetarian dishes after reading an older review, but they have changed their menu to include many vegetarian options. Room service meals are very good too. We are looking forward to staying there again in October and if I return to Nairobi will definitely book this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Nnovalane,

Thank you for recommending our hotel.
We take customer feedback seriously and we continuously tailor our offering to suit their needs.
See you in October!

Regards

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The boma offers luxurious services at all times. The stay there was nice, I enjoyed the well maintained rooms, the level of cleanliness is good, friendly staff and good diet.This hotel is well located near the airport, the stay was awesome! We would have wished to stay longer if we had time.
The lighting and security is excellent. The beds are very comfortable with wifi available all time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back side are quiet and away from noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Aggrey B, General Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

HI africajoy,

Thank you very much for your review.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our customers as they encourage and motivate us to maintain consistency or raise our game where we fall short of expectation.

Thank you and see you soon at The Boma.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at The Boma for a night which we thoroughly enjoyed. All the staff we dealt with offered service with a smile and were all very helpful. The ambience was delightful. The room was superb and the food was great. The only niggle was water leaking out of the shower cubicle. We're both picky but we couldn't find anything else to moan about. Looking forward to our next stay at this fab hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello WW,
We are delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and hope that we will continue being part of your travel plans to our country. We have noted the challenge you faced in the shower cubicle and our team has already rectified it. We do not consider both of you as being picky since such observations help our team to pay attention to the smallest detail.
Regards