“Excellent hotel near JKIA”
Review of The Boma Nairobi

The Boma Nairobi
Ranked #8 of 170 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here because of its proximity to the airport and was thoroughly impressed with the place. I had pre-booked a car from the airport and the driver was punctual and professional. So even before my arrival and check-in, I was already impressed. The room was very spacious and the lounge and restaurants were quite good. Overall, very friendly staff and very accommodating. Only downside was the metal detectors before you enter the lobby. But then again, they have those in every hotel in East Africa!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello bbslagosone,

We are happy that all the arrangements we made for you met your expectations. We know the metal detectors are sometimes an inconvenience but we request for our customers indulgence as it has become a necessity.

Thank you once again for your custom and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my first stay at the Boma and compared with previous hotels I have stayed in, in Nairobi it is brilliant. The rooms are very well appointed and very quiet. The hotel was very, very busy over the weekend with a conference but this did not interfere at all with my stay. We had dinner in the Johari Restaurant and I can highly recommend it. I will certainly be coming back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

nickandsheree,

Thank you for your feedback. We are grateful for your patronage and commendation. See you at The Boma soon!

Regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Sorry, could not find anything wrong in this hotel !! Simply the best in Nairobi for me !! Have stayed in the Boma several times now and everything was perfect all times. Pick up service on time, rooms super and clean, restaurant great food, reception fantastic, spa, gym and swimmingpool great staff and special thank to George Karanja ( allways there to assist you ) !!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Okke P

Hi Okke,
We are delighted that our team has consistently met your expectations. George is grateful for your compliments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I travel a lot and this is a first. I left my camera in the room on Wednesday 5th June. Imagine my surprise when I got home to find a photograph, not taken by me, of the hotel room with the door wide open, a bucket clearly in view and a broom against the hotel door. Whether the intention was to steal the camera and someone else entered the room or what, I'll never know. However, fortunately, the camera was left where it was. I did wonder why everything on the desk appeared to have been rummaged through. How do I know it wasn't me - well the photo has all the file details and I was out of the hotel at a meeting at the time. Quite shocking for a hotel that prides itself in terms of its relationship with the Red Cross. Be warned!

Room Tip: Look for a room away from the adjacent building site.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Good day RTW999,

Thank you for your feedback.

We hang our heads in shame at the photographic endeavors of one of our staff. The cardinal rule in our business is respect for our guests' privacy and we failed miserably this time round. The security of your belongings is assured as our electronic key cards and CCTV systems enables us to track movement in and out of guest rooms. The staff concerned has owned up and regrets playing around with your camera. He has been counseled and we are sure that he and his colleagues are unlikely to test any of their other "skills" on guests' properties.

RTW999, we hope this isolated incident has not irreparably changed your perception of our hotel and we hope to host you again on your next visit to Nairobi.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights , it is close to the airport , very nice for it price , good food and good rooms . Good andnice breakfast . It is in a mutual ownership with red cross hotel which is less good . Perfect hotel for business people .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Avi Z

Hi Zoran999,
Thank you for your custom and comments. We know you have many choices in Nairobi and we glad you elected to stay with us.

About our ownership, the Kenya Red Cross Society invested in the business for sustainability of their humanitarian activities. We therefore hope that you will continue supporting us in our effort to raise funds for good causes.

Thank you once again and hopore to see youi soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had the most fabulous stay at The Boma. Excellent airport pickup at 2.30pm. Easy check-in. Friendly staff. Rooms - roomy and clean. Good variety of restaurants and food. Just a lovely stay made even more pleasant by the courteous, ever helpful staff - who not only smile but have a good sense of humour. Just wish they had the same attitude here in Nigeria.
Location between Nairobi Central and airport which was brilliant as you avoided the city traffic. No noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Krikken
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Hi Krikken,
Thank you for sharing your views about our hotel. We are encouraged by your compliments and we hope you will find the same consistency on your return visit to our property.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Is a very nice place. The fact that is managed by Kenyan Red Cross gives a nice karma to be there. Very nice rooms and places. Restaurants are very nice and the food is ok. The pool is little, but ok. Nice gym. I don't like to have to pay a forfeit when check out time passed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Jambo Luis,
Thank you for giving The Boma an opportunity to host and serve you.

I have noted your feelings on our pricing and late checkout charges. I would like to assure you that our team is empowered to tailor make packages to suit your needs. We obviously did not offer you an acceptable solution this time round and I will take up with the team. Please feel free to contact me directly should you sense any hesitation to accommodate such requests in future.
Thank you once again for your custom and see you soon.