This is a world class business hotel at a very reasonable price. I would put it against any Starwood property any day. At the same time, I found it to be very friendly to dirty and bedraggled travelers, as we happened to be on the last day of our two week holiday. At the price we secured it was an exceptional value.
- day-long (10-12 hour) tour arranged by the hotel was at the lower end of quotes we'd received from others in Nairobi, and was very comfortable and efficient
- hotel room service dinner was excellent and reasonably priced
- breakfast buffet was outstanding
- transfer to and from the airport was painless
- Just take an official taxi from the airport, it's fast, easy, and the cheapest option. As I recall it was a fixed rate of something like 1800 Ksh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hospitality has now become a new front in the fight against human suffering. Kenya Red Cross Society has taken this concept to the next level with the launch of The Boma Nairobi. This is a luxury deluxe hotel with an adjoining conference centre offering world-class hospitality, having every penny of profit funding the KRCS’s humanitarian work. This is 'hospitality with a conscience.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Jovago.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Boma Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.