The Boma Nairobi
$138
$308
$260
Priceline
All reviewsred crossclose to the airportdomestic airporten routewilson airportrooms are largeexcellent hotelworld classlong flighteast africabreakfast buffetmain restaurantmodern hotelconference facilitiesbusiness hotelnational parkshort stay
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Red Cross owned and managed, with their HQ next door, 100% of their profits are supposed to go to the NGO. Closed to the airport (20 min), totally new, nice property.
A serious outsider to all the Classic choices of Nairobi (Sarovas and other hotels of the 80's charging almost the same price). Free and stable wifi.
Very efficient staff, spacious and modern room, nice bathroom, very good breakfast buffet, nice swimming pool for relax, and lots of options for dinner at the restaurant.
Recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank antonisworld
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have now stayed at the Boma thrice since September 2012 and tried to post a review back then but some how the posting was lost due to a computer glitch. The hotel has certainly impressed both in the quality of it services and staff. Having stayed at other top hotels in Nairobi (including Serena and Sarova Panafric) and several other cities in other countries,
I believe the Boma will now give them a good run for their money and should be proud of its place in the industry.

The hotel staff stand out not just because of being polite (you'd usually get that at this level of hotel) but because they are FRIENDLY, RESPONSIVE and PROACTIVE. That's one of the reasons this remains my first choice after 3 business visits in 5 months, each lasting at least a week.

Moreover, you just cant beat 15/20 minutes to the airport if you have ever been in a traffic jam coming out from town. The food's very good and you have options. You have a shopping mall close by so you don't miss the city centre one bit. You've got to give this one a try! Bravo Boma!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Victor F
Ali K, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Victor,

Greetings from the Boma, Nairobi!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Boma for your last three visits to Nairobi. We are indeed proud of making you our regular guest with our product and services meeting your expectations.

We are also delighted that our friendly and professional staff have stood out to ensure that we offer world class service to yourself and all our other esteemed guests.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and look forward in hosting you on all your future visits to Nairobi.

Best regards,

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 | (cell) +254 719 050 000

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had been to The Boma a few times before....for drinks mostly in the evening but that Sunday afternoon i decided why not bring my family over for lunch after church. We were seated at the restaurant right outside the basement parking. There we ordered chicken wings which were really nice! Unfortunately, that was it. The mixed grill we ordered was not the best, the chicken was dry as sawdust and not to mention...my orange juice had worms in it! Lost my appetite, totally. My parents were not amused and for the price we paid..it just wasn't worth it. Doubt I'll be coming back anytime soon. Otherwise, lovely ambiance and decor. Kindly improve on the quality of food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank james k
Reviewed February 19, 2013

B for the Food-portion sizes could improve, it's never nice to leave a hotel hungry and maybe a little more variety. The chef has tried a few daring recipes...my humble advice? if you can't do it well, don't do it at all (Stay away from the black pudding pork chop monstrosity) A PLUS PLUS for service.one tiny little complaint attracted the immediate attention of the manager who was incredibly professional and truly did bend over backwards to help. Boma sets the standards in service and that's why i'd go back, despite the so-so food. Keep it up

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HanifAbaye
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had never heard about this hotel in Nairobi close to the JKIA airport.

I spent only one night there when my flight was canceled but believe me I wish I could have stayed longer.
The staff is amazing, the food is exceptional, the rooms makes you feel better than home.

The limited choice of TV channels push you discovering the nieghbouring park that you can see with binoculars from the upper terrace of the hotel.

Perfection.