The Boma Nairobi
$154
$208
$155
Trip.com
All reviewsred crossclose to the airportdomestic airporten routewilson airportrooms are largeexcellent hotelworld classlong flighteast africabreakfast buffetmain restaurantmodern hotelconference facilitiesbusiness hotelnational parkshort stay
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at The Boma Nairobi during the week of October 15 and had a great experience. From my first contact with the elegantly dressed bellmen to my departure on October 20 every single contact with the staff contributed to a memorable experience. My room was large, beautifully furnished, clean and well equipped with all the amenities to facilitate a great business trip.

Excellent food and service in the Johari Restaurant. consistent quality, consistently. Thanks to Restaurant Manager George and his fine team of Christabel, Jared, and Alfred who provided impeccable service to our group. Mr. Thomas Malului, Food & Beverage Service Manager congratulations on the great job you are doing. Johari's hostesses Keziah and Saadia, always smiling, warm and gracious, you made us feel special everytime.

Thanks Thureya, Faith, Daisy & Hilda for your contribution to this memorable experience. Please continue to make excellence your minimum standard.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was a really thoughtfully created hotel which I much appreciated, having been to many conference hotels in Africa that are not done well or with thought for the business traveller.

My bedroom was roomy, had lots of power sockets in the right places and was well organised and designed. My one BIG niggle was that the bed was hard as nails and I woke each morning feeling bruised, stiff and sore enough to take pain killers through the day. If I had been there longer than two nights I would have demanded another room with a softer bed. I did ask staff about it and one staff member told me that it was because it had rained that I was so sore!

My other niggle was due to the staff: absolutely delightful and beautifully trained. The one thing that I didn't like is that they were VERY informal with me, from the guy who met me at the airport who called me by my Christian name, to the lobby staff and room maid doing likewise. This is NOT Kenyan, nor African at all and I don't like to be so informally addressed by anybody I haven't met before. Probably me being very stuffy, but I've been visiting, staying in and living in Kenya and elsewhere in East Africa for over 45 years and this is just not the culture here.

The food was wonderful, and consistently high quality, and the meeting rooms in the conference centre were excellent.

A very high class hotel, but the bed and the abnormally informal staff are my two niggles which would stop me from going there again.

1  Thank ERJH
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Though we live and work in Nairobi, my wife and I decided to give ourselves a treat and stay at The Boma for Friday night. The stay was amazing. We both have been to hotels and restaurants both within and outside the country for similar treats but The Boma is surely in a class of its own.

I have to state that the food in The Boma is amazing and presented in such an incredible way that you feel like just gazing at the plate for fear of spoiling the layout. The buffet though was in the "meets expectation" category.

You will also realize that a lot of thoughts went into the design of the hotel both in the interior and exterior. However, I did see some slight design flows in some of the public bathrooms - I believe this can easily be rectified.

I think The Boma is the place that I would definitely want to go back to and especially for their food. An excellent hotel that I would recommend others to also come and experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A 12 day work assignment was made a whole lot better by staying at the Boma hotel. I have stayed in a few hotels in Nairobi and The Boma is excellent. The food is amazing, well presented and excellent quality. The staff are friendly and ready to assist. The gentleman at the concierge remembered our names during the course of our stay, which surprised us when he first addressed us. Raymond and Job were excellent and always smiling. The staff try hard, please give them more authority at the front desk. Will be back in 3 weeks, hopefully the stay will be just as good.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Boma is Nairobi's newest Gem; a 5 Star hotel owned by the Red Cross; and with a decor and ambience of an international top ranking; Ideally located by the Airport on Mombassa road, the staff and very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is world class. A perfect stay after being in the out-back.