“Took a good quality cappuccino”

Flame Tree Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I am fun of coffee and I interacted with agatha the barista who prepared a lovely cappuccino..I inquired was coffee blend they were using and I happened to know that it was Dormans coffee...kudos to the coffee brand.
I will always go back to flame tree for their excellent service and good coffee

1  Thank Kate M
Mr_David_Gachuru, General Manager at Flame Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Ms Kate M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Flame Tree Restaurant, Sarova Panafrics flag ship restaurant.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the cappuccino prepared by our Barista Agatha. We are committed to exceeding our guest’s expectations and are glad to hear that due to our excellent service you will be back.

We look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for y our recommendation, we appreciate each word.

Kind Regards,

David Gachuru

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Having stayed in Nairobi for over 10 years i have visited many restaurants in the city, this was my first visit at the flame tree restaurant, i had read a lot about the history of the hotel and has always wanted to to be part of the great pan Africans who had meetings in this place in the early 60's. i walked in the restaurant and i was welcomed by a light beautiful lady with a warm smile, there was a live band playing which set the mood for a good time. Being a Friday my waiter recommend I try the steak promotion menu, knowing restaurants and promotions i was a bit worried but the waiter assured me of good quality. though the waiter was quick to mention that it would take 20 to 30 minutes for a well done steak. i ordered the freshly squeezed orange juice and waited patiently, after 20 minutes of waiting my sirloin steak was ready, it was topped up with onion rings served with mashed potatoes and spinach,the portion was huge to feed a man who had not eaten for a whole day. the taste was out of this world, tender and well cooked. i must it is the best piece of steak i have had in Nairobi there is definitely value for money keep on the good work and warm service.

1  Thank lilian w

Dear Ms Lillian W,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the ambience created by the live band as well as the warm service by the restaurant staff.

We are committed to exceeding our guest’s expectations and are glad to hear that the steak was the best piece of steak you have had! The restaurant staff and chef will be pleased to hear this.

Thank you for y our recommendation, we appreciate each word.

Kind Regards,

David Gachuru

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was my second meal at the Flame Tree, with the same companion, so we were able to compare notes. Overall, I would rate it highly, but with some faults and inconsistency. I wouldn't agree with the reviewer who dismissed the food as standard hotel stuff, but it is a bit inconsistent.

The outside seating, one of three areas, is spacious, well laid-out and comfortable, with polished wooden furniture and much greenery. I would always choose to sit there.

For starters this time, we had the honey-glazed chicken wings - a really tasty treat - and the 'katchumbari' prawn salad, which certainly wasn't ! Only three prawns and masses of untreated raw onion.

For mains we chose an excellent T-bone steak, cooked as ordered and the sliced duck, prepared just right, slightly pink as it should be. Vegetables were fine.

Excellent pineapple juice, good lemon tea and a glass of above-average house cabernet sauvignon..

The service was friendly and helpful, but slow - and finding a waiter or waitress when needed proved quite a chore.

My one serious criticism was the huge array of extra charges which appeared at the foot of the bill (noted by at least one other reviewer), which turned a reasonably priced meal into a pretty expensive one. Still, if my pocket can stand it I would go there again..

Reviewed May 30, 2014

As per the title Flame Tree has a good ambiance, courteous staff but the food quality is not at all consistent. A few weeks back we were in a group of seven, three ordered some chicken dish, one was good, one was very chewy and the other mediocre. So one one wonders the next time we go how the food will be. This is not the first this has happened. The waiter who served was apologetic about the food quality. The Panafric Hotel does tend to have conference meetings and when these are there, parking is a problem. Overall the Flame Tree Restaurant is good but the chef or whoever in charge of the kitchen needs to address the inconsistency in the food.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was very impressed by the meals at the restaurant. As a regular guest, I normally opt just for breakfast which is amazing. This time I had the opportunity to have two dinners and opted for the Molo Lamb Chops. They were just incredible and hence selected them twice,
The staff at the restaurant are exceptional and will go the extra mile to ensure your every whim and fancy is catered for,