“Decent rooms, horrible food and no alcohol” 3 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites

PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites
Ranked #124 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Decent rooms, horrible food and no alcohol”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am writing this review while staying at the hotel. On the plus side, the rooms are big (one bedroom apartments) and relatively clean.

BUT the food is horrible: it takes for ever to arrive, and some of it is not fresh (I had fried shrimp last night, and once cut, they smelled rotten). Also, except beer and cooking wine, there is no alcohol (and it cannot even be charged to the room).

Room Tip: Note that there is no lift in the hotel and not wheelchair accessible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lantana2014, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking your time to review our services at Prideinn Lantana.As the Manager in charge,I would really like to apologize for this incidence during your stay.It is indeed very helpful to us since we take our time to look into our service standard and I would like to assure you that it was not anywhere close to our brand standards totally unacceptable.We are really sorry about it.

Our Food and Beverage team is indeed well informed about this incidence,we are together as a team going to look into what exactly transpired and I would like to promise that I have personally taken Action and this will not happen again.

We hope you can trust our sincerity, and we thank you again for sharing this feedback with us as it has prompted us to be more diligent than ever.

We hope this initial experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Kind Regards,
Morris Kitheka,
General Manager,
Prideinn Lantana Suites,
East Church Road,
Nairobi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Naivasha, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in a two bed room suite over December Holiday with my family and i was really happy with the service. The food was excellent especially the buffet in the morning; there was wide variety to choose from. The menu is also extensive for dinner and they have complimentary room service which always worked best for me (Thanks Ruth).
Our suite was very spacious with a good view of the sunset and i always felt at home for the three weeks i was there.
I left just before the Gym and the swimming pool were open and these will just make it perfect for your stay.
My gratitude to the entire team especially the General Manager Morris, for making our Holiday a memorable one. Every time we were coming from the day tour and shopping from the city the staff always smiled at us and we felt like a family to them. We had planned to visit other hotels but we felt secure here and at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower side for a better view. If you are staying over a month, as for the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2015
Thank you so much for an excellent review, we are honored. Lawrence Kinyua
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Pride Inn because the organization I was consulting for booked it. I have never stayed in Nairobi and will never stay again. I was taken a back by the reviews before arriving and was hoping the construction was complete. Unfortunately it was not even after 5PM on a Saturday evening and before 8 AM on Sunday morning construction was on-going. I constantly had no power. It took over an hour to have appetizers made on my arrival and over 2.5 hours from drinks order come the team constantly saying they it would be 10 minutes. I had to walk back to reception to get my passport though reception had promised to bring it to me. After a few days I checked out. My organization was supposed to pay for my hotel but they didn't so I provided by credit card details. I was charged and received confirmation from my credit card company of the authorization only to hear from Pride Inn a week later they had not received my payment and requesting that I do a bank transfer. I told them it was strange and we tried the transaction again and it went through. Now I've been charged twice and despite the hotel promising to reimburse me still nothing. And I was even charged for the last night that I didn't stay. I do not recommend this place for any business traveller if you plan on being productive for your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
We do appreciate you and your candid feedback. Today all the concerns you raised 2 years ago have been addressed and we take this chance to apologize for all inconvenience that we caused you. Lawrence Kinyua
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

i can say all that i want to say for PrideInn Lantana Suites, but words cannot describe how excellent this property is for a business traveller. Its like see it to believe it. They have excellent staff and espesially the general manager Morris who was very accomodating. you would always see him around asking all guests if there was anything that he could do to make the stay better and once or twice i asked him for a couple of things, they were done immediately. the staffs are very motivated and always smiling. the wifi and breakfast are superb. the only disadvantage whilst on my stay there was that they were finishing their construction so it did become noisy sometimes but by the time i was checking out they were complete. i will be going back kenya in january again and i look forward to staying there

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are honored and grateful. Lawrence Kinyua
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions and were very happy with the hotel, very friendly staff and nice big spacious rooms with full amenities, be careful of the hot water it is "HOT".
A swimming pool is being built at the moment so workers start early in the morning, looks like it will be a lovely space when its finished.
I would have no hesitation to return the next time I'm in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Noel S
Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciated and wish you all well. Lawrence Kinyua
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms are nice - big and spacious; plenty of hot water and clean sheets and towels. Restaurant has nice (but expensive) food. Staff were great. Television exists - all the football and cricket you could want (but not a bit of newws). It provides a real challenge to taxi drivers to find - could do with some better positioned signs (but that's only a little thing to complain about). Unfortunately the whole place outside is a bit of a building site, and what open spaces do exist, they are completely cemented in - a pity considering all the neighbouring plots appear to be lush and green.

Room Tip: The higher up and further away from reception you go, the less noisy it gets!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, All your viewed were put into consideration and today Lantana is fabulous. We are so glad you en-lighted us. Lawrence Kinyua
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We came to this hotel late in the evening after landing at the airport. What we should have received was a pleasant, clean hotel in which to rest our tired bodies. What we actually got was very different.

First of all, despite having booked the hotel and prepaid for it through a local Nairobi travel agent weeks ago, the woman at the desk could not find our reservation. She adamantly claimed it wasn't there, and we stood in the (small, dirty) reception area for 40 minutes while she called around to the other PrideInn hotels in Nairobi. We finally agreed that she would find us rooms, and we could sort out the rest in the morning.

The rooms were... disgusting. My dad's room had no electricity and was pitch black, so at 11:00 at night he is was outside on the landing trying to sort through his suitcase before going in to the room. Our room was dilapidated, and smelled awful. They actually had urinal pucks scattered around the floor of the bathroom / shower! There were holes in the walls and ceilings, and the beds had worn sheets and one thin pillow. After taking a shower we couldn't get the water to turn off, so we had to get help from the reception area.

Next morning it went on. The (same) receptionist magically located our reservation once our travel agent showed up in person. No apologies were made. She could not, however, figure out how to call our room and had to walk over to get us. We got out of there as fast as we could, but not without one of the reception goons running after our car to make sure we had paid our bill. Which as I stated before had been prepaid.

Awful, awful place. The worst.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Larrykinn2002, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hilary,

Management do apologize for the inconvenience cause during your visit to PrideInn Lantana.

It is with great concern to realize that despite reserving and making the payment in advance, you experienced unpleasant check-in. This might have been a miscommunication between our reservation and the tour agent with reference to the name used on the reservation.

We heartily empathize for your room condition. But we would like to assure you that our key concern in accommodation is to ensure high standard of hygiene and that is what PrideInn is all about.

On the other hand, we do understand, everything else might have seemed to be the worst simply because of the unpleasant check in. We would like to assure you that the right action will be taken as soon as we conclude our internal findings.

PrideInn Hotels & Conferencing does not encourage unprofessional attitude. Our goal in customer handling is to ensure that we not only satisfy the need and provide the value, but create a good relationship with our clients.

We appreciate your views and time you took to address the issue. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager.