“Construction, Check Out Early, Charged Twice for my stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites

PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites
Ranked #129 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Construction, Check Out Early, Charged Twice for my stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Pride Inn because the organization I was consulting for booked it. I have never stayed in Nairobi and will never stay again. I was taken a back by the reviews before arriving and was hoping the construction was complete. Unfortunately it was not even after 5PM on a Saturday evening and before 8 AM on Sunday morning construction was on-going. I constantly had no power. It took over an hour to have appetizers made on my arrival and over 2.5 hours from drinks order come the team constantly saying they it would be 10 minutes. I had to walk back to reception to get my passport though reception had promised to bring it to me. After a few days I checked out. My organization was supposed to pay for my hotel but they didn't so I provided by credit card details. I was charged and received confirmation from my credit card company of the authorization only to hear from Pride Inn a week later they had not received my payment and requesting that I do a bank transfer. I told them it was strange and we tried the transaction again and it went through. Now I've been charged twice and despite the hotel promising to reimburse me still nothing. And I was even charged for the last night that I didn't stay. I do not recommend this place for any business traveller if you plan on being productive for your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2015
We do appreciate you and your candid feedback. Today all the concerns you raised 2 years ago have been addressed and we take this chance to apologize for all inconvenience that we caused you. Lawrence Kinyua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

i can say all that i want to say for PrideInn Lantana Suites, but words cannot describe how excellent this property is for a business traveller. Its like see it to believe it. They have excellent staff and espesially the general manager Morris who was very accomodating. you would always see him around asking all guests if there was anything that he could do to make the stay better and once or twice i asked him for a couple of things, they were done immediately. the staffs are very motivated and always smiling. the wifi and breakfast are superb. the only disadvantage whilst on my stay there was that they were finishing their construction so it did become noisy sometimes but by the time i was checking out they were complete. i will be going back kenya in january again and i look forward to staying there

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are honored and grateful. Lawrence Kinyua
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions and were very happy with the hotel, very friendly staff and nice big spacious rooms with full amenities, be careful of the hot water it is "HOT".
A swimming pool is being built at the moment so workers start early in the morning, looks like it will be a lovely space when its finished.
I would have no hesitation to return the next time I'm in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Noel S
Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciated and wish you all well. Lawrence Kinyua
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms are nice - big and spacious; plenty of hot water and clean sheets and towels. Restaurant has nice (but expensive) food. Staff were great. Television exists - all the football and cricket you could want (but not a bit of newws). It provides a real challenge to taxi drivers to find - could do with some better positioned signs (but that's only a little thing to complain about). Unfortunately the whole place outside is a bit of a building site, and what open spaces do exist, they are completely cemented in - a pity considering all the neighbouring plots appear to be lush and green.

Room Tip: The higher up and further away from reception you go, the less noisy it gets!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, All your viewed were put into consideration and today Lantana is fabulous. We are so glad you en-lighted us. Lawrence Kinyua
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We came to this hotel late in the evening after landing at the airport. What we should have received was a pleasant, clean hotel in which to rest our tired bodies. What we actually got was very different.

First of all, despite having booked the hotel and prepaid for it through a local Nairobi travel agent weeks ago, the woman at the desk could not find our reservation. She adamantly claimed it wasn't there, and we stood in the (small, dirty) reception area for 40 minutes while she called around to the other PrideInn hotels in Nairobi. We finally agreed that she would find us rooms, and we could sort out the rest in the morning.

The rooms were... disgusting. My dad's room had no electricity and was pitch black, so at 11:00 at night he is was outside on the landing trying to sort through his suitcase before going in to the room. Our room was dilapidated, and smelled awful. They actually had urinal pucks scattered around the floor of the bathroom / shower! There were holes in the walls and ceilings, and the beds had worn sheets and one thin pillow. After taking a shower we couldn't get the water to turn off, so we had to get help from the reception area.

Next morning it went on. The (same) receptionist magically located our reservation once our travel agent showed up in person. No apologies were made. She could not, however, figure out how to call our room and had to walk over to get us. We got out of there as fast as we could, but not without one of the reception goons running after our car to make sure we had paid our bill. Which as I stated before had been prepaid.

Awful, awful place. The worst.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Larrykinn2002, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hilary,

Management do apologize for the inconvenience cause during your visit to PrideInn Lantana.

It is with great concern to realize that despite reserving and making the payment in advance, you experienced unpleasant check-in. This might have been a miscommunication between our reservation and the tour agent with reference to the name used on the reservation.

We heartily empathize for your room condition. But we would like to assure you that our key concern in accommodation is to ensure high standard of hygiene and that is what PrideInn is all about.

On the other hand, we do understand, everything else might have seemed to be the worst simply because of the unpleasant check in. We would like to assure you that the right action will be taken as soon as we conclude our internal findings.

PrideInn Hotels & Conferencing does not encourage unprofessional attitude. Our goal in customer handling is to ensure that we not only satisfy the need and provide the value, but create a good relationship with our clients.

We appreciate your views and time you took to address the issue. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

By far the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel

Positives
Location of the hotel is okay though most taxi’s find it hard locating the place
The breakfast is okay and the kitchen staff are friendly
Negatives
- Very unwelcoming receptionists though I must point out its one particular lady, the rest are fine and the night staff are exceptional.
- Made a reservation and yet when I arrived 1st time there was no room, 2nd the reserved room was not available and the final straw was the 3rd time where I was made to sit for 2 hours after 8 hour flight while they cleaned my room despite having made a reservation days in advance.
- The room was sub-standard, reeking of cigarettes and the toilet is forever breaking
- The shower head need replacing and the shower curtains just look unhygienic.
- They are currently constructing a gym right next to the outdoor restaurant/kitchen so be prepared for dust.
- The rooms are set up like apartments but with a kitchen that has no fridge or cooking utensils
- Noise levels from the construction
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay at this hotel as it’s expensive and the services they provide don’t match up to what you pay.

Room Tip: only stick to the main building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We do apologize for the inconvenince caused as a result of a couple of issues you raised. Lantana being one of our recently opened Hotel, we had a slight challenge with some installations especially the plumbing unit in a few room. So far this challenge has been fully addressed and we promise hassle free stay next time.

We have taken note of your experience with the front desk.. The lady's attitude as well as the handling of your reservation especially on arrival and this has also been fully addressed according to our standards.

The construction of the Gym, conference facilities and the swimming pool is nearly complete and be assured of no dust in the rooms.

Since the facility is actually a hotel, we prefer not to equip all the room kitchens with the cooking utensils but we ensure a fridge in the rooms. Though We provide the cooking utensils upon request.

However, We are evaluating the option of fully equiping the kitchenette. We look forward to hosting you soon in a hassle free environment guarantee. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & development manager
Arusha, Tanzania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was booked by organizers of a workshop I was to attend to stay at Prideinn Lantana...and if I'd known what I would get, I would have begged to stay elsewhere. NO hot water (and at the height of winter in Nairobi...), freezing cold room, set up like a flat but no cooking facilities or fridge. Food at the restaurant was terrible, and the taxi drivers called to take me places over-charged (I have spent a lot of time visiting Nairobi over the past 12 years). Day time staff had a "laissez faire" attitude, though some of the night staff were super, going out of their way to help with internet access, trying to solve the (non-functioning) hot water heater. Oh, and zero in the way of exercise facilities. If you can stay elsewhere...do!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
We fully understand your experience and Management do apologize for the inconvenience that might have been caused. All the water heating system has been improved and fresh intallations fitted including solar power.

As you mentioned, most of our staff are super and we are stopping at nothing to ensure all the staff match our expectations as per the set standards. A new chef has now taken over the kitchen and currently doing wonders.

Am sure you would like to give us another chance. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager