Eka Hotel Nairobi
Priceline
$269
$223
Priceline
All reviewsclose to the airportinternational airportmombasa roadmodern hotelspur restaurantan airport hoteljomo kenyattawilson airportlong flightovernight staystayed one nightfelt safebetween flightsbuffet breakfastmasai maragift shopcomfortable rooms
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Situated close to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport the Eka is an extremely modern and attractive medium sized hotel. The rooms are extremely well appointed and there is a pleasant bar and restaurant. There is also a very nice fast food steak house attached to the hotel where I had a truly excellent fillet steak. This is ideal for transit particularly for relatively tight turn rounds as it is easily accessible to the airport and central Nairobi traffic is truly horrendous.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower ground floor rooms as mobile telephone signals are hard to obtain.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Robert,
Thank you for choosing Eka hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have since boosted the mobile phone network within the hotel and we will look forward to hosting you next time you are in Nairobi.

With Regards

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Along Mombasa road which is a direct shot to the airport. The beds are extremely comfortable and rooms tastefully decorated. There is a restaurant upstairs, even though I never ate there. The breakfast was amazing with lots to choose from. The downside is the price....its a little on the higher end. I highly recommend if you can afford it

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Mumias,

It was our pleasure hosting you and we appreciate your review of Eka Hotel. We look forward to another opportunity of service to you and friends in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was transiting to Tanzania via Nairobi and the second leg flight did not arrive, so I had to spend he night in Nairobi. After so inquires, I was directed to Eka Hotel which turned out to be a clean and nice hotel in a quiet part of Nairobi. It is also very close to the airport so I had no problems arriving the airport the next day.

The staff were very friendly and willing to help, the food was also good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Kayode,

Thank you for your review of Eka Hotel. Its nice to know you enjoyed your stay in during your trip and it will be our pleasure to host you once again and your friends at Eka hotel.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travel through Africa a lot - this month alone I will be transiting through Nairobi three times. On previous trips, I'd always stay at the Ole Sereni, an excellent hotel right next door to the Eka. But this month, it was fully booked - in fact all of the hotels I had stayed with in the past were fully booked on the dates I required. So, I tried Eka - a hotel that I had never even heard of before.

The hotel itself is about 1 ½ years old, so everything feels "newish". The security entering the facility was good, the doorman was friendly, and check in was easy and painless.

The rooms are nice - rainfall showers with good pressure and plenty of hot water, big bed, large windows that open, a desk that you can actually work at, and a nice flat screen television. There is no clock, which seems weird, but I guess that's why you have a phone and/or a watch. There is a safe in the closet and a nice assortment of bathroom toiletries.

The bed is probably the firmest that I have ever slept on without being uncomfortable. I have had back issues, so I'd much rather be firm than soft, so I didn't mind at all. Some people might not like it, but it is not lumpy - it is just really firm.

Breakfast is a good buffet, with made to order eggs and omelets and bacon. There is fresh fruit, pastries, yoghurt, cereals, juices, and coffee and tea. The dining area is sufficient for the need, never needing to search out an empty table.

The hotel can get you to and from the airport, which is probably the way to go - especially when you are first coming into the country. You won't have to change money, simply look for the uniformed driver holding the Eka Hotel sign with your name, and go to the hotel. I think the cost is $20 for the ride. Not as cheap as you can get if you know what you're doing with negotiating the cost (try for 1500 kes) but it is much less energy expended!

There is a small gift shop, and another restaurant that is kind of like a Chili's (if you know US brands). The bar isn't much, but you can get a cold Tusker and whatever else you are thirsty for, just don't expect a lounge environment.

The staff is tremendous and very helpful. I have my next trip already booked to return here. So, how does it compare to its neighbors? It is not as posh as the Ole Sereni, but definitely no where near as expensive, and it's also not as expensive as the Panari, but in my opinion far, far nicer.

So what's it like? Think of a Hampton Inn, with a really great breakfast, and a full kitchen, and you probably have it! It's all I need for a transit hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the door near the elevators. That can be a bit loud. Also, the rooms on most levels have sliding glass doors to go to a shared balcony or patio -- if you want more security than that, go for the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joesindorf
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Joesindorf,

Many thanks for your email and we are happy to know that you had a great stay at Eka hotel. We appreciate your outline of Eka and hope to be of service to you in your next trip.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed in the Eka hotel as a stopover for 18hrs or so as I was part of a flight crew.

I don't know how long this hotel has been here but it looks fairly new! It's clean, tidy, good size shower/bathroom area. Comfortable large bed. As people have said its close to the Main airport also close to Wilson Airport where most of the flights go from it flying onto a safari.

I didn't eat at the hotel but all looked very good, and also a 'Spurrs' restaurant on site.

Sadly the pool area was out of action as they were at the time doing a bit of re-ferb to slabs around the pool area. Defiantly could stay here as a base for a few night IF the pool wasn't out of action!
I would chose this over the Panari Hotel down the road!(I've also reviewed!)

Room Tip: Try and face away from main road!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your review of Eka Hotel. Its nice to know you enjoyed your stay in during your business trip and it will be our pleasure to host you once again and your friends at Eka hotel.