We stayed for one night after 5 days on safari while waiting for the plane to Zanzibar.
On the positive side:
- the reception was kind enough to let us keep the room until the airport pick-up.This was something we did not expect and I loved that flexibility.
- the porter was by himself an A+++++. He wrapped up my newly bought wooden giraffe and gave me tips on how to polish it later on. He made sure to go above and beyond for our whole stay.
Unfortunately there are a few more negative points to mention.
- the waiters were not very service minded at all. One of them were smiling and service minded at lunch. However, we forgot to tip him at lunch and that smile was gone by dinner, perhaps because of the lack of tips. Needless to say, we didn't feel like tipping him anymore. We just ate our meals quickly and tried to be out of the restaurant as soon as possible.
- the rooms: don't be shy about toilet habits in this hotel. There is no bathroom door and only thing that separates you from the rest of the room is a glas shower door. This hotel was not designed for actual guests, but just designed to be I don't know, a weird sort of modern.
- the bed is a bit too firm for my liking, but this is not a huge problem.
-food: the buffet provides less choices than the lodges we stayed at earlier. The food was not impressive and a lot of it felt dry. They served some meatballs that i really liked, but that was it. In addition this was a really expensive dinner and not worth the sky hight price they charged us for it.
- breakfast was ok enough, but we had more options at the lodges and it was just a bit boring really.
We will make sure to stay at another hotel if we come back to Nairobi again.
the room was booked through a travel agent so I don't know how much they paid for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eka Hotel a Nairobi hotel is ideally located along Mombasa Road in Nairobi the capital city of Kenya. It is situated minutes away from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, 5km from Wilson Airport and 5km from the bustling central business district. If you are looking for safari hotels, Eka Hotel is within easy access to the city’s many attractions and entertainment venues which make Eka Hotel an ideal safari accommodation hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Eka Hotel Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.