1,107 results
All reviewsclose to the airportspur restaurantinternational airportmodern hotelmombasa roadjomo kenyattaan airport hotelovernight staylong flightwilson airportstayed one nightgift shopfelt safebuffet breakfastnice poolmasai maraexcellent hotel
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We spent two nights there with 10 days in between. Very friendly staff both at the door and at reception area. Waiters are knowledgeable and efficient. Good quality food at the restaurant. There is a nice pool area outside with what seemed to be sufficient space and deck-chairs. Hotel security checks every vehicle entering through main gate. Hotel is located 10 minutes away from airport which is convenient. Can be recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms towards pool area are more shielded from traffic
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NorwayPer
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear NorwayPer,
Greetings from Eka Hotel Nairobi. Thank you for choosing to stay with us over your Nairobi visit. We appreciate your comments on our staff, cuisine, ambiance and security.

We assure you on our commitment to enhance our guest's experience and look forward to hosting you and your friends next time you are in Nairobi.

Thank you!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

EKA HOTEL has been my preference for all my clients on their last night in Kenya. i love the convenience since am totaly sure they cant miss their flight not to forget their hospitality to my clients.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SUNDOWNERTOURS

Dear Joseph,
Thanks for your great support which we greatly appreciate. We look forward to an opportunity of meeting you next time at Eka Hotel.

Thank you!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent six nights in Eka hotel on business trip in Nairobi. Service was excellent and staff very friendly, rooms are spacious and beds very good king size. Breakfast and dinner were great. Only downsides are that Wifi doesn't work properly in rooms, but luckily there was a wired option as well that I could use with my laptop. Eka-hotel is also quite a far away from downtown Nairobi which is both good and bad. Good in a way that air is much cleaner here and the area is more peaceful. However, commuting to downtown in mornings and back in the afternoon might be a pain. It can take anything between 30 and 90 minutes for this 7 kilometer trip because of the traffic.
I'm glad to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nairobi. Very nice experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank LariEspoo_Finland

Dear Lari,
Thank you for sharing your Eka Hotel experience and great recommendation which we sincerely appreciate.

Kindly note we are working on plans to upgrade the wireless internet connection so that our guests can enjoy both options of internet wireless and LAN connectivity seamlessly.

We all look forward to hosting you and friends at Eka Hotel next time in Nairobi.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked on line because I need to be close to the airport and I never received a response to the inquiry I sent through the hotel's website (they still have not replied... and it is over one week ago that I wrote). There is no airport shuttle / dedicated taxi service from Jomo Kenyatta Int'l Airport, which is unfortunate. The taxi ride to the hotel was only about 12-15 mins (starting at 2130 hrs) but was Ks 1,800 (booked inside the airport, not curbside). The hotel had my reservation in the system and the room was clean, the mattress nice and firm and the wi-fi connection in the room was good (but spotty in the restaurant). There are two restaurants - one is open until 2200 hrs and is "asian fusion" and the other is open until 2300 hrs and is burgers, pizza, etc. I chose the latter, given the hour. Food was, meh, but the beer was cold and the service was very friendly. Check out the next day at 0600 was a breeze (payment in advance).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt P

Dear Matt,
We apologize for that delay that happened while you tried to book with us. Kindly accept our invitation to contact us for a discounted airport shuttle the next time you are in town.

Other than that I see that you had a nice stay at Eka Hotel and we do hope that you will visit again soon

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Was amazing. The room was huge and clean with great features. The room service was prompt and paid attention to detail. The food was great and the wine selection was pretty good.
I genuinely loved it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elenor,
From the entire team of Eka Hotel we appreciate your comment
and invite you to visit us again soon!