“Overall, Pretty Standard”
Review of Eka Hotel Nairobi

Eka Hotel Nairobi
Ranked #14 of 170 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here while on a business trip in May, 2013.
I agree with all other comments posted:
Close to the airport
Good security
Expensive for what you get
Food is ok
Service is ok
Hmmm not enough characters to finish this post....what about now?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Thrill & Chill,
It was a pleasure hosting you at Eka hotel.
Thank you for making us your prefered business hotel while in Nairobi and look forward to our welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here twice, both times just a an overnight transfer in Nairobi due to flights not connecting. Staff were really friendly, and the food was good, with a nice pool area (for a hotel) to sit around.
The rooms were really clean and it is very obvious the hotel is very new. Still nice and shiny and very modern design.
The only thing that we did not like, was the bathroom. There is actually no separate bathroom, instead it is open air to the rest of the room, with the toilet and shower behind frost glass doors. Whilst aesthetically very nice, it is very impractical, as if you want to get dressed after your shower, either the other person just has to keep their back turned , or you get dressed in the shower, where the floor is wet and slippery from the shower you just had...
Might not be such a problem for a couple, but I was travelling with my mother, so privacy to get changed is kind of important...
Other than that the room was lovely, and overall the hotel was great!
Location was good for us, being only 15mins away from the airport, but if you wanted to be close to the centre of Nairobi, there might be better options out there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Justin,
Thank for appreciating the ambiance of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff that served you.

We sincerely appreciate your comments of which we will endevour to address through our directors with a view to enhance our guests privacy. We look forward to another opportunity of hosting you, your family and friends while in Nairobi.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed @ Eka Hotel for 7 days and my stay was very wonderful!! The hotel is fairly new hence most of the emenities are still in good condition! The rooms are clean as well as the restaurant and the balcony....clean bathroom and toilet. It is really worth spending the cash at this hotel. It is just about 10-15mins drive to the airport (that is on normal traffic) and also close to Nairobi CBD.
The only problem I faced was with the waiter/waitresses in the restaurant..they are too slow to serve the customer..you can eat your food without all the accessories on the table...you have to go round fetching for folk etc....they even take ages to take your order
If you are in Nairobi next time and have the money...you might wanna give it a shot, it is worth it!"

• Stayed: May 2013
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Mr Lilongwe ,
Many thanks for your feed back which we sincerely appreciate. It will always be our pleasure hosting you and friends at Eka hotel Hotel.
Kindly note your experience at the restaurant has been managed and assure you over your next stay would be happy to receive your review in respect.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Eka hotel is quite closer to international airport, an excellent one for those who are on business trip. My Host booked me initially, which i opted even my 2nd visited. A nice pool & workout place to get relax on evening after a busy day. More options for dine in with variety of cuisine into menu & even they prepares a dish of your wish at times. Front office manager is very co-operative & prefessional. You also can have a nice business meeting.
To sum up it is value for money & safety at a place like Nairobi. Also nice for safari trips with professional groups.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Harikishore,
We would like to thank you for making Eka Hotel your preferred home away from home. We look forward to hosting you soon and as we appreciate your compliments on our service and product will always have you in our preferred guest list.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

THis is a very expensive hotel. Its an unexciting hotel that gives the impression of being a concrete block with beds to match, despite the expense. It is disorganised and the other guests were noisy. At half the price it would still be expensive. Its only advantage is that it is close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ibook by my self I spoken to Elizabeth reservertion and she's given me good deal hotel is very nice not far from jomokenyatta hotel is about 10 minutes by taxi most hotel in nairobi are very expensives even restaurant food are very expensives also this hotel security are very high is very good staff are very friendly only one staff when I check in she was extreme rude her name she's Caroline I thing she's need customer care training overal all members staff are friendly at reception and also friendly at restaurant there are very nice and polite antoinnete she was very good waiter at the evening and njeri she was little bit better I will recommend this hotel for stop over is ok this hotel is most business people came to stay also company pay for business person this hotel is a bit expensives overal is lovely.

Room Tip: Quite room if is available
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from 13th April to 16th April, as my company felt this is a new hotel in Nairobi, while all the while I had been staying at Paneeri Hotel for my official visits.
I found today such a bad experience the second time. I checked in yesterday and when asked for a room service menu card which was missing, it took 1 hour to being me a menu card. First I had to dial 3 different extension numbers as instructed by the hotel staffs, and everyone asked me to dial each and every extension number that was possible and then one man from Spur Restaurant comes which was not my need. That was ridiculous as everyone you speak does not want to take the responsibility to hear instead asked to speak to another extension..... to your notice even the reception desk does not take this responsibility... such careless and irresponsible staffs around.

Today, when I was trying to place my order for dinner called the room service the same extension number dialed yesterday, to my shock the staff without asking or waiting to hear me asked me to dial some other number and so I did and when placing my order I got to hear that what I am calling for as the food that I am requiring is not there..... I had to ask this question whether I am calling the correct extension to place the order, at this I was told to dial the same extension number to place a room service order which I did 2 minutes ago and also yesterday when I placed my room service order. I once again dial the same number and get to know that I should dial the other number. I got so furious on this and gave them a piece of my mind and finally I did not have my food.

I tried calling the reception who once again suggests me to dial the room service number and was sorry for what happened, I ask for the manager who was not available and then finally he calls to say that I had some challenges with his hotel staff rather than he trying to find out what went wrong.

I have decided never to stay here again and will inform my office to dis-engage our contract with them and not to have any future booking.

This is for all viewers, if you intent to stay at EKA Hotel, pls stay at your risk or be ready to give 1/2 hr extra before you order your food in your room, because you need to take a roller coaster ride in calling many more extension.

The laundry service is very bad, when did not receive my laundry in time asked why gave a false statement that my room had a DND signboard, being a Sunday it is a holiday I was whole day in the hotel room and my DND tag was lying inside. Such stories these people make.
By the way, this hotel room do not have a telephone directory, 4 numbers are stuck on the telephone unit indicating reception, operator, laundry, housekeeping, bar and business centre.... no number for room service and for your information if you are lucky enough you would get someone that you could speak otherwise you require to wait or dial again and again.

Please try and avoid this hotel, do not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: No Tips .... try if you can avoid staying in this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business