“Good New Clean Hotel”
Review of Eka Hotel Nairobi

Eka Hotel Nairobi
Ranked #14 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Hotel was recommended as astopover in Nairobi by our Travel Company who had had good reviews and we needed an early start to the airport in the morning. The traffic in Nairobi is getting worse so this was excellent. I felt safe and secure - the staff were excellent and the food good value too. The room was lovely although my husband found the brand new bed a bit hard although I slept like a log.
You can't go wrong really

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UkShorty

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stay for 4 nights during the beginning of October 2012. I must say that this hotel is new. Room has the basic, but I do find the bed a little bit hard, or maybe just different preference.

Had a-la-carte dinner in the hotel for al the 4 nights, though they do have buffet dinner, so I manage to try out quite a few of their dishes. Food is so-so to me, but the soup is good.

Service is not outstanding but acceptable. There are a lot of people checking in and out of this hotel. I think Eka has some kind of tie down with Kenya Airways. Many travellers with flight delay from Kenya Airways are staying in this hotel. So if you prefer a much quieter place, choose another place.

Security is good, I think. Sometimes when I woke up at 3am in the morning, I do see guards patrolling to the rear of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east has a superb view during sunrise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AsherAda
EkaHotel, ESales Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear valued customer,

First and foremost we thank you for choosing to stay at Eka and sharing your experience with us as we value the feedback from all our customers which will enable us to deliver even better service.

With your concerns raised, we wish to confirm that during the time of your stay at the hotel, we indeed had a sudden and unexpected influx of customers as a one off, however we have put measures into place that allows us to utilize more than one reception desk for larger groups to be check in and checked out.

We are very concerned to note that the food was not particular to your expectations, as usually receive comments of the very opposite, please let us know what specifically was not to your expectation to enhance and better our services.

We are looking forward to hearing from you, and hopefully be able to welcome you again at Eka Hotel Nairobi, and more so for a review.

Yours sincerely

Eka Hotel Nairobi

Reviewed September 30, 2012

New hotel which very good location for onwards travel.
Very helpful and attentive staff and good restaurant with potential for becoming great in a fututre.
Room designs has some hick-ups and still need to put up minibar and room service system as menu is missing. Can though be found in restaurant.
Beds are hard and unfortunatly of low quality which is dissapointing.
Limitation for pool and gym access to 1800 hrs unfortunatly if you are there on business.
Pool water is a quiet chilly african experience.
Food is above average with potential for more
All in all the friendliness of the staff making up the hotel from guards to managers make it a worthwhile experience on your way to your Kenyan experience.

Room Tip: The rooms at the check-in desk side of the hotel has better wifi quality. Try to get as high a numb...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

New hotel with lovely, comfortable rooms. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Great location---easy access, near airport, and away from city's traffic congestion. After our departure, we had a concern that was promptly addressed by management in a thorough and professional manner.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UsaWanderers
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Brand new, beautiful, modern, spacious rooms, free wifi, but very uncomfortable beds (pillow top mattress over the bed should be put in place) - service was very average - I think saying anything beyond "average" is an over-statement - some of the communication was awkward between myself and the bar staff (asked for a menu, got a funny look while he checked his cell phone, and 5 minutes later got a menu - weird, right?) My husband was also very sick with a fever one night and I asked for some tylenol and I was told "I'm sorry the store is closed now" - these are things that clearly need to be addressed and I"m sure they will be in time - it is a new place full of new staff members so I'd be willing to bet things will improve dramatically.
The big red flag with this hotel (hotel management please take note) is credit card fraud. Someone in my group used one particular credit card at this hotel, and only this hotel, and there has been fraudulent activiity on their card twice now (2 purchases made in Mumbasa, Kenya over $1000 each time). Several of us in the group noticed you could see the entire credit card numbers printed on the merchant copies (the copy that stays with the hotel). This needs to be addressed by hotel management asap. Somehow they need the machines to not print the entire numbers on the merchant copy of the receipts, otherwise you're just inviting issues like this to come up. In the meantime I would suggest guests insist on blacking out those numbers on the receipts - physically take the receipt and just wipe out the numbers with a pen.
I would recommend this hotel - very nice for Nairobi.

Room Tip: if you really need to use the free Wifi in your room then don't get a room on the bottom floor...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank vegetraveler
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Eka Hotel is a new hotel - I don't think the "official" opening had taken place yet when I stayed there. It is a great business hotel, with good conference and meeting space for onsite meetings. The rooms are spacious and very tastefully designed. It is a world-class business hotel.

The best part of Eka Hotel, though, is the staff. Each person, from security to front desk, was always ready with a smile and a pleasant greeting. Most of them took the time to learn my name, and kept track of how things were going with my stay.

The location is convenient, midway between the airport and the city, but there is nothing nearby. It's the kind of place where you'll take taxis to meetings, touristing, eating, shopping, etc. But that was fine by me. I'd stay again, if I needed someplace in Nairobi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BrizaB
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have been to most of the city hotels in Nairobi and there is something unique about the new Eka Hotel that cannot go unmentioned - the genuine hospitality. It is the only hotel where you are flattered by the warmth of hospitable staff regardless of their rank or chores. As most of the hotels tend to reserve smiles and greetings at the front office and the restaurant, Eka has leveraged this across every department.

Imagine a hotel where security personnel greet, welcome and tell you their name before conducting a security procedure and after a thorough security check, they apologize for taking your time and then give you precise direction of where to park your car. A similar experience is replicated in the beautiful corridors, foot paths and virtually everywhere in the entire hotel.

While I was being taken round the hotel, it was unbelievable to see the cleaning and other support staffs pause and say Hi. The front office is the hub of warmth and comfort and so is the restaurant. I have never seen this kind of leveraged hospitality and warmth in any other city hotel. It is a very comfortable feeling.

The ideal location 7 kilometers from Jomo Kenyatta International airport and 5 Kilometers from city centre makes Eka hotel easily accessible while the diverse scenic views from the rooms come as complete complimentary garnish.

The already complete rooms in the southern wing overlooking Nairobi national park are amazingly luxurious. With adjoining doors, the rooms are ideal for families as well as single and double occupancy. Each standard room is equipped with internet both wireless and cable, own-choice-stock minibar, romantic open plan bathroom, fine linen coupled with great décor.

If you are looking for a place for conference or just a small board meeting, then Eka is the best choice. With five conference rooms complete with ultra modern conferencing facilities including laptops, internet, LCD projectors and comfortable seats to mention but a few, you can be sure your conference or meeting at Eka will not be a disappointment.

The northern wing overlooking the city and the swimming pool is yet to be complete. Susan who hosted me in my show-round endeavor told me that the wing will host deluxe and en-suites with every room furnished with a separate living room, coffee maker, mini-bar and exclusive luxury among others.

Room Tip: The rooms at 3rd floor in the southern wing have the best view for Nairobi National Park
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo