“Nature, art and politics ”

Nairobi National Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$12.00*
and up
Nairobi National Museum Admission Ticket
Ranked #10 of 86 things to do in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nairobi National Museum is the flagship brand for the National Museums of Kenya. Located on Museum Hill, the museum showcases Kenya's rich Heritage with four distinct themes representing Kenya's Culture, Nature, History and Contemporary Art.Other attractions within the compound include the Snake Park and Botanical Gardens as well as a State of the Art Auditorium that occasionally hosts concerts, film shows and other events.Dining and shopping facilities await you after your tour with us in our commercial wing. Enjoy your visit with us at the National Museum.
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Now this is something else! Think animals, think political history, think art, think the history of mankind! It’s all there!
The exhibition on the archeological finds is most impressive.
Why didn’t I come here as a pupil? I finally got to meet homo erectus!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"non residents"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2018

It was good to learn Kenya's history, and see the different species of birds and wildlife ... great for families... easy tour around museum , not heavy with information . You can go at your own pace

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We loved our day at the museum! We expected to stay 2 hours and stayed the entire day. They have a wonderful large permanent bird exhibit of East African birds and the history of Kenya permanent exhibit is also excellent. We learned so much. Great gift shops and restaurant. The associated Snake Museum on the grounds was interesting just because we were interested in seeing a Black Mamba and other famous poisonous Kenyan snakes. The snakes were ok but not life changing.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

There was so much to see. The cafe on site was great too. The reptile and aquarium displays were excellent. I wish I would have had more time to spend in all the exhibits. I would love to visit again next time I’m in Nairobi.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2018

don't be put off by the nay sayers - this is a good collection. I especially enjoyed the bird section and the history of Kenya - in particular the history of independence. the snakes I could take or leave, mainly because we had most of them living under my parents house in Sierra Leone. if these species aren't a common occurrence where you live, it's probably worth paying the extra.