“Museum trip”

$125.00*
Private Nairobi City Full Day Tour
$195.00*
and up
National Museum of Kenya Giraffe Center and Nairobi National Park Guided Day...
Ranked #8 of 127 things to do in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nairobi National Museum is the flagship brand for the National Museums of Kenya. Located on Museum Hill, the museum showcases Kenya's rich Heritage with four distinct themes representing Kenya's Culture, Nature, History and Contemporary Art.Other attractions within the compound include the Snake Park and Botanical Gardens as well as a State of the Art Auditorium that occasionally hosts concerts, film shows and other events.Dining and shopping facilities await you after your tour with us in our commercial wing. Enjoy your visit with us at the National Museum.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went here at the end of a day out so we didn't have long. My husband had been here before and wasn't keen as he hadn't had a good experience, however the reviews on line were good. When we got there my husband said that it had been recently refurbished. I enjoyed what we did see and could have easily have spent longer. There was a nice cafe which seemed reasonably priced.

1  Thank OzzieC42

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice place to visit if you have some spare time in Nairobi.
I liked the museum premises, nice garden and small snake park. There is also a cafe in front of the museum entrance where we had a good and cheap lunch. There are also some souvenir shops where I found nice things and not too expensive.

I was not very impressed with the museum contents, but it was a nice overall experience. We got to the museum by foot from city center and the way there and the museum location is not very nice.

I would recommend the compound ticket museum and snake park.

1  Thank Nicoleta I
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The area about the primet section where you find the ancient fossils of man, is excellent. also the stuffed birds are great.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It filled a couple of hours for us and sure, we're all supposedly affluent foreigners but the price was a bit rich for what was on offer.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

very informative and got to know a lot of history of Kenya and evolution of man! Lot of information in pictures and models. The bird museum was great!

1  Thank RaviHebballi