$157
$171
$134
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$97
$57
Priceline
All reviewsthe flame tree restauranttulia spahot towelsbreakfast buffetsecurity staffrooms are cleangift shopshort stayconference facilitiesvisiting nairobistayed here for one nightsarova stanleybusiness hotelsafaribensonkenyairene
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Impressed by staff courtesy and professionalism. Everyone always available to help with a smile. Safe and secure place to stay.
Good breakfast both in terms of choice and taste, as well as lunch.
Bit disappointed by the room: clean, but the windows did not offer enough acoustic insulation. Noise from fans whirling outside accompanied my four nights. I was on the first floor, perhaps rooms located on upper floors or other hotel wings might not be affected by that noise source.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Two night stay at this property very enjoyable friendly staff , dining room a little dark, enjoyed a lovely lunch at the outside tables. Very friendly staff, the chef did come out and meet us as well, visited the Elephant Orphanage And the Giraffe Centre the next day,( even kissed a Giraffe). back Hotel to enjoy the Best Martini EVER.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

I go to Panafric a few times a year.

The Staff is truly top notch. I was welcomed back when I arrived. No less than four people followed up on the very slight hitch in airport pickup (I could not pick out my name on the sign or the hotel name. Called the hotel and it got sorted out easily). Whenever I enter or leave the hotel, I am greeted more warmly than I deserve. To be clear, it is a warm greeting and not overdone. Just seemingly nice people being nice.

Positive things:

Staff great.
The room maid is as good as any I have experienced.
Though the breakfast buffet has been dialed back from past extravagance, it still quite good.
Restaurant is solid.
Cost is competitive for a large East African City
Strong wifi
Good security
Comfortable beds
Clean rooms

Challenges this visit

My auto light in the closet was not turning off when the closet was closed so I had a consistent nightlight. I reported it and they said they had fixed it. I could not get it to turn off. So my solution was to pull the keycard out of the slot and disable all the lights. The bed wall socket still worked so my phone charged and I slept in darkness. It was my decision not to follow up.

Air con does not seem to work. Even though on 16, it makes a noise when turned and then goes quiet. Since the high is only 23 and it is dipping down to 13 at night, opening my balcony door makes for a pleasant room. Once again, I decided not to complain.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2017

I went twice for 2 days each in June this year. The rooms are comfortable. There were some renovations next door early morning the second day, I lost sleep.

Breakfast has changed since last year. There is choice of 4 juices but the presentation of the pastry on the circular table has disappeared. One can see the attempt to save money. Cheese is unreachable, hidden and in small quantity. Croissants are still the best in Kenya, except for Art Cafe which is unbeatable. The egg corner is the same.

Rooms are nicely decorated, we can feel the attention in details. The plate of fruit in the room and the newspaper in the morning are a nice touch. The gown was middle size ;-( but slippers were super comfy! At times Internet was slow. There is a small shop near the reception, one can find important things such as adapters and miscellaneous.

I had tea in the restaurant and we lingered up to 1am while the staff was preparing and cleaning for breakfast, no one told us to leave. The staff is very accommodating. I was delighted.

Room Tip: 5th floor is nice but do not take any of the last room in the corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

The Flame Tree Restaurant is simply the best! The food is excellent. The Managers Monica, Mary, Beatrice, Veronica and the rest are highly professional and really make you feel at home and part of the family! The waiters Cyrus, Evans, John and all the rest are the best that I've ever experienced. I wish that I could take them all with me and parade them to the businesses in my home country to show what customer service is all about. Thank you so much for taking such good care of me and my team.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
1David_Gachuru, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sarova Panafric and for sharing your feedback on the Flame Tree Restaurant experience.

We are indeed delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and that our Flame Tree Restaurant associates exceeded your expectations by delivering on our service promise of Refreshing African Hospitality.

We look forward to offering you great and memorable experiences in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,