“Sarova Panafric - my home from home in Nairobi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

You added Sarova Panafric to your Saves list
Sarova Panafric
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Valley Road, Nairobi 30486 - 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #14 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Sarova Panafric - my home from home in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I returned to the Sarova Panafric in Nairobi again in May. Got to say I really loved the visit again. I found the staff friendly the first time I stayed here - this year they took it to the next level, with some of the staff I met last time remembering my name, and all of them bending over backwards to help from reception, to dining staff, to security to the maintenance staff. A special mention in dispatches has to go to George (I think???) one of the concierge staff. Really friendly, funny, knowledgeable, intelligent and helpful.
Food as always excellent - great range for breakfast, excellent dinner selection.
The hotel was very tidy and the rooms were kept spotless.
Perfect location for meetings in CBD and out of town.
My only criticism, which was the same as last time, was the terrible wifi connection, which made it a bit hard to work in my room.
There are some more spectacular and modern hotels, like the Serena in Nairobi, but the thing that brought me back, and I hope will continue to bring me back was the service and the warmth of the welcome. Thank you Sarova Panafric

• 5 of 5 stars
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 9, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I will pass on your kind words to the team and especially to George who I am sure will be happy to hear this positive feedback.

We take guest feedback seriously and we have noted your comment on the wifi connections. I greatly apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that this has been improved and I am sure it will exceed your expectations next time you visit.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff couldn't have been more helpful - this hotel deserves 5 stars for service. Room very nice and clean. Pool is beautiful, though never seems to be used by anyone. Security seems good, including additional key locks on each corridor.

Room Tip: Pool side is less noisy (i.e. not road side facing). Pool is rarely used by anyone.
Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful. I'm happy to read that you were pleased with all aspects of our hotel, from the room to the pool to the security.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed for about a week in May 2014 for workshop. Excellent external natural environment with trees and plans on the low hills. Over all climate in Nairobi is fine. Services are good. Maintenance is good.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking hills and plants may be fine if one is interested in nature.

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We particularly take pride in your very kind comment on how we care for our environment.

Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall, it was a good experience with an exceptional one hour massage by Jane at the well being center. I spent 5 nights at the hotel and noticed that all the staff members are friendly. it is not just a coincidence. it is a result of some good trainning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ali,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff excellent and without exception, you found everyone friendly. I will personally pass on your remarks to Jane who will be glad to hear your kind words.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

From the very 1st Karibu (welcome in kiSwahili) we were made to feel at home with considerate service above my expectation. A welcoming apple&ginger drink, followed by welcoming fruit basket in the room, followed by some sweet treats were all unexpected extras. (this may be due to our conference having 60 delegates stay at the hotel).
Beautiful fresh flowers, changed 3 times in the week I stayed here. Morning papers, radio-alarm-clock, flat screen to catch up news (CNN,BBC,Aljazeera).

We were unfortunately too busy to try out some of the facilities like the pool and spa, but had a quick look and these appeared very nice.

The selection of food at the Flame Tree Restaurant was great and delicious. The freshly squeezed juices, vegetarian pizza, burgers, bar bites, were all delicious.

Service throughout was warm, welcoming and very friendly, although at times 'pole pole' in good Kenyan tradition (slowly slowly). For workaholic westerners hurry-hurry (haraka haraka) is more the style, but the wonderful Sarova-vibe allowed even us to relax within our busy schedules.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and hope to return for both business and family holiday purposes.

Asante sana Sarova Panafric! Córne Carolan - Association of African Business Schools - based in Johannesburg, RSA

Room Tip: Enjoyed my stay in room 526. Lovely view of greenery and sunrise view over the city. Consider req...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff excellent and without exception, you found everyone friendly.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.. Next time I hope you get to enjoy the pool and spa.

Asante na Karibu tena,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Recently we have started traveling to African countries and Sarova Panafrica has become a choice for stay. very good hotel, very friendly staff and location wise everything is near by.

Pro :
would recommend to business travelers. quite impressed that none of staff asked for any kind of tip. always greeted with smile and made things simple.
Cons:
Hotel said they have halal food , but restaurant had pork all over and none of menu had halal certification details , was not convinced ... would recommend Muslim travel to avoid Meat unless they get certified.

Room Tip: all rooms are okay to stay , the up the better.

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Your concerns on the Halal certification has been noted with concern and is being looked into and we trust that next time when you join us, we will have exceeded your expectations.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

From the moment I booked to my departure - just stunning. On arrival, a warm welcome from Benson and crew at the check-in desk with Catherine and Linda also really standing out as wonderful hosts.

The room was perfect and Linda and her colleagues kept it spotless throughout. When the TV went on the blip post a second long power cut (backed up by a generator) Benjamin came to sort it perfectly within minutes. The restaurant food was excellent and I was warmly welcomed by Monica and Stacy like a long lost friend - thanks.

Smiles all round from the crew. Alex and Emmanuel stood out at the bar as being caring and attentive. The food was excellent also especially the lamb chops.

The security team are thorough throughout and I felt very secure at the hotel and the road leading it it also has a 24 hour manned double barrier with road spikes. Not that I ever feel threatened but nevertheless it is a comfort for travellers to feel safe - well done

I spoke to various members of staff mostly when passing in the left and they all seem positive, courteous and most importantly proud of the establishment

Well done - you have secured my future business yet again and I hope that I will be back soon

Sante Sana my Rafiki's

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and it’s great to note that you only have a good report on all the staff you encountered.

I will personally pass on your commendation to all the staff that you mentioned and they will be undoubtedly happy to hear your very kind words