“The staff were friendly and welcoming”
Review of Sarova Panafric

Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, one before and then one after our safari, it was included as part of a Safari package. We really liked the hotel, the service was excellent, the staff were friendly and the food was good. We especially enjoyed the lovely breakfast on the terrace.
It is an easy walk to Uhuru gardens and the city centre.
The hotel also stored a case for us whilst we were on safari without charge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and overlook the pool. But they also catch the sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and they will be elated to hear such feedback.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I came here to spend my easter holiday this year together with my daughter and some friends, I wanted to celebrate my 60 years birthday and came down here. The food here is excellent and of a very good quality as well. The rooms clean and tidy and a very good a staff. They took care of us and we felt very safe during our stay. And the service was excellent as weil so I will come back next time I visit Africa. And I hope it will be next year. We went around for Safari 5 days and had as stayThe Sarova at Nakuru Lion Hill for one night. This was excellent as well. To day we are leaving and want to go to the Beauty Salon as well. I can recommend the Sarova if you want to enjoy your holidays i Kenya and for sure I will come back!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jorunn,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful and that we are now your choice of hotel! I'm elated that you chose to spend your 60th birthday with us and our sister company Sarova Lion Hill. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit as I will be happy to welcome you back personally.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

A very average hotel with good friendly service. The restaurant is OK and the food is fine. The pricing in this hotel is much more affordable that any other hotel in the city. There are definitely more "Up Market" hotels in Nairobi but does not justify the difference in price. What you get here is really good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our pricing affordable and also appreciated the fact that we maintain our high standards that we have come to be known for in the hospitality industry

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My first trip to Africa and a great hotel to stay at, Friendly , Helpful, always a smile. Staff are great Joan Gracious in the restaurant always greeted me with a smile. And the reception staff always had time to talk about Rugby even if i'm yet to make them see that England are the better team.
I will be back ..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable. I will personally pass on your commendation to the reception staff as well as Joan who I am sure will be glad to hear your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again and to you convincing us of England’s rugby prowess.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at the Sarova Panafric recently. While this is an older hotel, the room was just perfect for my needs. I liked the way the hotel group goes to great pains to ensure all the creature comforts are available to their guests. The breakfast is amazing and very fresh and tasty. Superb service from all the staff in the restaurant - well done.
The reception staff were exceedinly well trained. They are very responsive to all the needs and wants of their guests and extremely patient when dealing with tired, jet lagged, grumpy guests in all the odd hours of the day and night - speaking for myself here. Collins was always very patient with all my questions.
Now you have the other staff - porters and door man - this was another Collins who is a giant of a man but again with superb customer service skills. I did not feel like leaving.
Overall a very good visit to the Sarova Panafric and looking forward to a return visit soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jerry,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and it’s great to note that you only have a good report on all the staff you encountered. I will personally pass on your commendation to the entire team and to both the Collins’.

We look forward to hosting you again

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just finished up 4 nights at the Panafric. My wife was sick and we traveled from another country to go to the hospital for several days in a row. 15 min walk/5 min cab ride. Room was well appointed, albeit tight on space. The low point was that the bed and pillows are ridiculously firm. On the plus side, all of the staff is exceedingly nice and eager to please. They even had a get well fruit basket put in the room for us when they learned why we were in Nairobi. The pool was large and clean and not too cold. The restaurant had a great menu, plus some solid meat dishes (pork chops were awesome). Gained several pounds from the breakfast buffet itself. Thumbs up, but bring your own pillow.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am glad that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and it’s great to note that you found our associates extremely nice and eager to please . I have passed on your commendation to them.

We take guest feedback seriously and we have noted your feedback on your room experience. Guest comfort is at the top of our agenda and this cannot be compromised. We are happy to change the pillows as per a guests request and once again, please accept my apologies for the same. Kindly let me know the next time you’re in Nairobi so that we can personally meet.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

i dined, slumbered, and spad! all was wow! nothing less! keep up the good work and ambiance, the serenity mimicries the one of mara national park, birds noise only! congratulations team...see you again soon! Siele

Room Tip: pool facing are preferable!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that we provided a great place for you to dine, slumber, and spad! As it should be. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.