“We had a great stay at the Sarova Panafric” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

Ranked #14 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Oslo, Norway
“We had a great stay at the Sarova Panafric”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I came here to spend my easter holiday this year together with my daughter and some friends, I wanted to celebrate my 60 years birthday and came down here. The food here is excellent and of a very good quality as well. The rooms clean and tidy and a very good a staff. They took care of us and we felt very safe during our stay. And the service was excellent as weil so I will come back next time I visit Africa. And I hope it will be next year. We went around for Safari 5 days and had as stayThe Sarova at Nakuru Lion Hill for one night. This was excellent as well. To day we are leaving and want to go to the Beauty Salon as well. I can recommend the Sarova if you want to enjoy your holidays i Kenya and for sure I will come back!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Jorunn,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful and that we are now your choice of hotel! I'm elated that you chose to spend your 60th birthday with us and our sister company Sarova Lion Hill. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit as I will be happy to welcome you back personally.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

A very average hotel with good friendly service. The restaurant is OK and the food is fine. The pricing in this hotel is much more affordable that any other hotel in the city. There are definitely more "Up Market" hotels in Nairobi but does not justify the difference in price. What you get here is really good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our pricing affordable and also appreciated the fact that we maintain our high standards that we have come to be known for in the hospitality industry

We look forward to hosting you again.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My first trip to Africa and a great hotel to stay at, Friendly , Helpful, always a smile. Staff are great Joan Gracious in the restaurant always greeted me with a smile. And the reception staff always had time to talk about Rugby even if i'm yet to make them see that England are the better team.
I will be back ..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable. I will personally pass on your commendation to the reception staff as well as Joan who I am sure will be glad to hear your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again and to you convincing us of England’s rugby prowess.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at the Sarova Panafric recently. While this is an older hotel, the room was just perfect for my needs. I liked the way the hotel group goes to great pains to ensure all the creature comforts are available to their guests. The breakfast is amazing and very fresh and tasty. Superb service from all the staff in the restaurant - well done.
The reception staff were exceedinly well trained. They are very responsive to all the needs and wants of their guests and extremely patient when dealing with tired, jet lagged, grumpy guests in all the odd hours of the day and night - speaking for myself here. Collins was always very patient with all my questions.
Now you have the other staff - porters and door man - this was another Collins who is a giant of a man but again with superb customer service skills. I did not feel like leaving.
Overall a very good visit to the Sarova Panafric and looking forward to a return visit soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and it’s great to note that you only have a good report on all the staff you encountered. I will personally pass on your commendation to the entire team and to both the Collins’.

We look forward to hosting you again

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just finished up 4 nights at the Panafric. My wife was sick and we traveled from another country to go to the hospital for several days in a row. 15 min walk/5 min cab ride. Room was well appointed, albeit tight on space. The low point was that the bed and pillows are ridiculously firm. On the plus side, all of the staff is exceedingly nice and eager to please. They even had a get well fruit basket put in the room for us when they learned why we were in Nairobi. The pool was large and clean and not too cold. The restaurant had a great menu, plus some solid meat dishes (pork chops were awesome). Gained several pounds from the breakfast buffet itself. Thumbs up, but bring your own pillow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am glad that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and it’s great to note that you found our associates extremely nice and eager to please . I have passed on your commendation to them.

We take guest feedback seriously and we have noted your feedback on your room experience. Guest comfort is at the top of our agenda and this cannot be compromised. We are happy to change the pillows as per a guests request and once again, please accept my apologies for the same. Kindly let me know the next time you’re in Nairobi so that we can personally meet.

We look forward to hosting you again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

i dined, slumbered, and spad! all was wow! nothing less! keep up the good work and ambiance, the serenity mimicries the one of mara national park, birds noise only! congratulations team...see you again soon! Siele

Room Tip: pool facing are preferable!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that we provided a great place for you to dine, slumber, and spad! As it should be. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Mombasa, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel has beautiful landscape and outdoors. And clean, It is convenient in its proximity to the busy Nairobi CBD yet once you get in the chaos of this very busy town is forgotten.
But what stuck for me was the pleasant people who served and helped while I was staying there, it is true what they say you may not remember what people say or do but you forever remember how they made you feel.............and for the team at Sarova Panafric they made me feel at home away from home in the 5 months I spent there and I am forever grateful to all of them. For the kind words,the great service, the smiles and the nice chats that made me feel at home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vickie,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel landscape beautiful, clean and conveniently located. I'm also excited to note that you found our staff very accommodating and that they made you feel at home away from home. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.