“The staff make this hotel what it is. The facilities are generally excellent but customer care exemplary.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

Ranked #14 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here with a group of volunteers whilst providing training to St John Ambulance pre-hospital care providers in Nairobi. It is very close to the centre of town but the road becomes very congested and is busy all the time. It can seem quite noisy if you're not generally a city dweller. The rooms are a little dated but the facilities of a high standard, modern communal areas are bright and airy, and the staff; well, this is the highlight of this hotel. Service is obviously a top priority and many UK hotels could learn much from Panafric. We stayed for just short of two weeks and enjoyed friendly, personal and efficient service throughout. As "long stay" guests we were invited to a short function to meet the mangers and department leads and discuss any issues or improvements. I thought this was an excellent and innovative method of achieving rapid and candid customer feedback and any minor criticisms were taken on board and on some issues results were evident during our stay. In summary, I would certainly stay at Sarova Panafric again, I would recommend it, without hesitation, and I'm thinking about returning with the family for a less business orientated trip.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Will,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Its great to read that you enjoyed the meet and greet with the managers. We believe in the importance of knowing our team in order to ensure our guests' stay is nothing short of exceptional. We definitely look forward to hosting you and your family, and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

About 10mins walk from Nairobi Central Business District, but being outside the CBD means quicker access to Westlands, Nairobi business park or the national park than its sister hotel.

"Superior" rooms overlook the road - views of the city but too noisy for light sleepers! Executive rooms are quieter, overlooking the pool, and better equipped. The pool is good by the way - a decent length, spotlessly clean and not too warm.

The food is fine - we didn't have anything special, but we didn't try the more exotic options and mostly ate out.

The staff are excellent: without exception, we found everyone friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the small premium for the peace and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff excellent and without exception, you found everyone friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates.

Buskerud, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is the third time I stay at Sarova Panafric in Nairobi and this time three weeks.
It always kind staff who do not know what good they will do for you, breakfast and dinner restaurant is nice and the food good! Eating lunch at the pool restaurant is a highlight.
Can not wait to come back in April!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms to swimming pool. Quiet and nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marit,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our staff kind and enjoyed the breakfast selection, lunch at the Pool Garden Restaurant and dinner. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have finally recovered (sort of) from a horrible experience at the Panafric Hotel. Here goes the story, I had a meeting there at 1pm yesterday. We arrived and went to the Flametree restaurant and sat outside. We were well received, a nice waitress came with the menus and took our orders for drinks and food. The drinks came and then the hot towels. The Manager a Mr. Anthony even came to say hello. The guys were even brought a coat hanger to hang their coats.

The restaurant was relatively busy with the usual business lunch time crowd. And we waited for the food. Not for 1 minute, or 10 minutes or 30 minutes but for a whole 1 hour. Yes 1 hour! The conversation was rather engaging and we did not notice the time. (Although I kept wondering why the food was taking long). We looked around and the folks who had arrived around the same time also had not been served. So we waited. We kept asking the waiters and they reassured us that the food was on its way.

Finally, we all looked at our watches and it was 2:30pm! We had to go back to our businesses. We asked for the bill and the waitress panicked. She said the food was coming. After 10 minutes, we realized it was a delay tactic so we woke up and walked away. We did not through any tantrums or demand to see the manager. We were three very calm (hungry) people.
The gentleman on the next table was someone we knew. I walked and said hello to him. He had waited for his food for 30 minutes! His office is nearby and he told us he was in such a hurry he asked his driver to drop him at the restaurant so he could have a quick lunch. He had a meeting at 2:30pm. We warned him that his waiting could be long. I don’t know if he also left.
So down to the parking lot and there were cars everywhere that had double parked. I walked to the taxi driver who was sleeping in the car, tapped him and asked him to move his car so I could leave. I could see other drivers struggling to reverse and turn their cars so they could leave.

I am still shocked by Panafric. I had recommended the restaurant for a group lunch that was scheduled for today but I cancelled and shared the story with my friends who are equally shocked.

I do not know the reason we were not served. I will not speculate. I do not know why the parking lot is such a mess. I am not security. All I know is I will avoid going to Panafric if I can help it. I won’t even recommend it to anyone for lunch, dinner or accommodation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carole K
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Caroline,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience at our flagship restaurant, Flame Tree Restaurant. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent food and beverage service procedures and standards in place and slow service, lack of sharing information with guests is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad that we were able to contact you so as to discuss on the above issue and as discussed, be assured that I have personally taken corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn't occur again.

In regards to our parking, we have our valet team who assist guests with their various needs. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance whenever you’re at Sarova Panafric. Once again, accept my sincere apologies.

I look forward to meeting with you.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have spent a pleasant time at this hotel. This was made possible by the friendly and helpful staff, smiling faces i.e. from the usher, security at the entrance to the director, Mr. Galgalo. The staff went way out of their way to address any needs I had. Thank you, I really appreciate your efforts. My special thanks go to Ingwe and her team who kept my room spick and span and decorated it creatively every day. I would also like to say a big thank to the charming, efficient ladies at the restaurant, Sainab, Veronica, Jihan und Faith who made my day or evening. The breakfast buffet has something for the various tastes. I would recommend this (business hotel) for a short or long stay. The security at the hotel is good. I will be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Amy W
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Amy,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates, specifically Galgalo, Zainab, Veronica, Jihan and Faith.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I Booked 1 Night at Sarova Panafric Nairobi, and i would not hesitate to recomend this Hotel due to the best services i received from the Reception all the way to the Rooms. I really like the Food, the Customer Service and the organization of the Hotel. I will definitely book for another day here.

Room Tip: Higher Floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ben,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you experienced the best service from the reception all the way to the rooms and will be returning again. Our staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates.

Chengdu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at Sarova Stanley and Panafric... and would be returning to Panafric!

Reception provided warm and diligent service, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast is outstanding (far superior to that of the Stanley).

We stayed there on a stopover because it is conveniently close to the airport for a decent price (we paid about US$130)... and would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you will be returning again. Our staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates.