I had 4 nights at Sarova Panafric Hotel recently and I would say I had good time. Their breakfast was good and staff are friendly.
The reason I only gave 3 stars are due to the followings;
1) When I wanted to chill out and relax at the swimming pool around noon, a guy started cleaning the entire swimming pool at 12 pm, even the notice board says "swimming pool opens 10am to 5 pm". I could not believe that a hotel charges you more than USD 100/night does such a thing! I had to wait for 30 mns to get into the pool but the water was not clean either. in addition, they place too many chairs and table for the pool restaurant and you will have tens of people star at you while you swim. So, I did not really enjoy the swimming pool.
2) The door is so thin that you hear a lot of noise from the corridor or outside. A house keeping started at 7 am and I could hear all the bell sounds and "house keeping!" voice so had to wake up even I was tired and wanted to sleep in.
3) You pay extra for their taxi services (compared to the normal but trustable taxi) so better to find a taxi driver by yourself and ask the driver to come to the hotel.
4) Their TV setting was wrong and I could not see people's heads on a screen....
So, if I think of the money I paid, it is just an average hotel. But you can relax and the room is clean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllically located 5 minutes' drive from the CBD and 18 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, amidst beautifully landscaped gardens in a quiet suburb of Nairobi, Sarova Panafric offers 162 rooms in a range of Superior, Executive, Club, Studio and Themed Suites - all recently refurbished and decorated in a contemporary vibrant African style. Once the watering hole for freedom fighters, spies and foreign correspondents, Flame Tree restaurant is named after the Flame Tree that holds pride of place in the gardens and offers leisurely meals. Sarova Panafric offers state-of-the-art banqueting and conferencing facilities with a range of meeting and function rooms equipped with the latest audio visual and WIFI equipment. To wind up the day, take a dip in the pool or go for a leisurely massage - or simply enjoy a cool drink to the soothing sounds of Africa's rhythm. And this hotel is centrally located, only a short 0.5 Km from Kenya's landmark 'Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC)', one of the most prominent events venues in Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Sarova Panafric reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Panafric Hotel Nairobi
- Sarova Panafric Nairobi
- Panafric Hotel Nairobi