“Enjoyed Their Breakfast!”
Review of Sarova Panafric

Ranked #23 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed December 8, 2012

While attending a conference in Nairobi I stayed at this hotel. My room was very clean and the security was great. The thing I enjoyed most was their breakfast; it was so good that the 5 days I stayed here I always made sure I did not miss the wonderful spread they had for us...it was indeed a feast! My bed was wide and fluffy that I did not want to wake up; when I got in the shower I was so impressed with how clean everything in there was. The staff were very friendly and they always went out of their way to meet my needs. One thing that was disappointing was their lunch it was poorly prepared; only one BBQ lunch was the best lunch I had there. I did not like the fact that the pool was in the dinning area. I would surely go back to stay at Sarova!

Room Tip: I did not like my first assigned room so I politely asked the staff and they put me in great room on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate your positive feedback.

I am glad to read that you found our team members so welcoming. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. I have passed on your commentary to our team & they are very proud of the high quality food offering in both the Flame Tree Restaurant. There is a lot more to come in terms of our culinary offering so I encourage you to keep coming back. Our culinary offerings are of utmost importance and we take pride in the measures we have implemented to ensure menu items are prepared accordingly. We are sad to read that you did not enjoy the food at the Pool Garden Restaurant. Kindly mail me with the exact details about your experience so that we can put in place corrective measures. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and despite the small hitch, we are please you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Sarova Panafric is a nice hotel located in the heart of the city of Nairobi close to the Central Business District. Ideal for a business trip. The hotel has a very friendly staff, the restaurants and the food is reasonable. Thge outdoors restaurant is a nice place to hang-out.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room. Those are bigger with large windows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

It’s a joy to receive glowing feedback from our guests, and especially as it pertains to excellent service and food. We pride ourselves on providing fantastic service, and we work each day to enhance the guest experience even further. We're also excited to note that you enjoyed time spent at the Pool Garden Restaurant. The environment is quite relaxing and invigorating and we hope the next time you visit, you will try our pool.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future. It would be our pleasure.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Panafric Hotel is the place to take all your conferences, workshops and accommodation needs. The facilities are excellent, friendly and hospitable staff who are always willing to assist.
The food is also excellent with a variety to choose from and their charges are fair compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you liked our rooms plus the delicious breakfast at The Flame Tree restaurant. But above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us during your conference great. It's incredibly rewarding to know that a guest has experienced just that.

We do look forward to having you visit us again.

Regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have just returned from a three night stay at Sarova Panafric having visited Kenya for the first time for a wedding. The staff were very friendly and provided a very high level of service throughout. They made me and my family feel very welcome. The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection and the quality of the food in the restaurant at lunch and dinner was high.

My room was a good size and spotlessly clean.

I would totally recommend staying here if you are looking for a hotel in Nairobi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for sharing your Sarova Panafric experience with us.

We genuinely care about each guest’s experience, and we’re so pleased it shows through our guest rooms and services. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the Hotel’s amenities such as The Tulia Spa.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was a nice stay at this hotel. After our safari we needed a place to stay. This hotel was ideal. It has a good restaurant where they serve the included breakfast and also lunch and dinner. Staff was very friendly and professional.

The one thing I didn't like, was that they don't organize a regular taxi for you. They only offer Limo service to the airport ($40 per person). But it was no problem organizing a taxi by myself, which costs $20 to the airport in total. I can recomment Aircab for that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and were glad to read that you found our location convenient, our hotel rooms to be very clean and that our services were professional. Sarova Panafric is committed to making your stay truly incomparable with the aim of making your stay a home away from home experience and one where you get superior service in a relaxed environment.

We truly look forward to hosting you once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at Sarova Panafric on two separate nights while on our honeymoon over November. The breakfast was fantastic, and the room was nice. Service was very good. Jane the masseuse was a beautiful soul. There were two aspects that were troubling - 1. the thin walls - there was a function by the pool while we were staying and we could hear everything. 2. The massive markup on a taxi from the hotel to the airport. The usual price is 2000ksh from hotel to airport but the hotel charged 25USD per person - an unacceptable markup, particularly considering the taxi driver probably saw less than 5% of this. As someone rightly pointed out, the Sarova is the Hotel California. The corruption/ unscrupulous dealings in Kenya is truly disappointing. I implore the general manager of the hotel to review this practice and to demonstrate his/her appreciation for the hard work of the staff and associates by rising their wages to a fair and appropriate level.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarebarts

Dear Guest,

It’s wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed Sarova Panafric, and we can’t thank you enough for sharing your feedback with us. We’re thrilled you enjoyed the fantastic food and service from our team and also took advantage of our Tulia services. Indeed Jane is a superb masseuse and I have shared your feedback with her. Our airport transfer service is an unusual offering among Nairobi City hotels and for a number of years it has proven to be tremendously well received and enjoyed by most guests. This is because of the importance in providing continuous convenience, and luxurious experience beyond the hotel for our guests. Of course, there are some who may wish to enjoy an ordinary taxi ride, as you did and in such cases, we request that you only let us know during your stay or in advance and one of our concierge or I would happily arrange the drop off for you. This also assures us that the guest is not inconvenienced in any way & safely arrives at their destination of choice.

We look forward to having you at Sarova Panafric in the near future.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We received first class service before and during our function at the hotel. The sales account manager (Joseph Kimondo) was very efficient and attended to us as should be. The staff at the hotel ensured all things went on smoothly and were very hospitable.

Room Tip: When you call the hotel , ask for Mr. KImondo. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Loreen,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at Sarova Panafric.

We're excited, not only because you chose Sarova Panafric, but also happy to read that we were able to offer first class service to you; as it should be and that our Sales Account Manager, Joseph was of tremendous help. I have shared your feedback with him.

We definitely look forward to having you back.

Kind Regards,