All reviews uhuru park enjoyed my stay atrium gym cbd
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We arrived in Nairobi at 12:30am and then at the Laico Hotel one hour later. I and my wife were very tired and just wanted a room that had the basic necessaries that worked. From the outside the hotel is very impressive and inside there was a large beautiful atrium the looked up to the roof. The utilities were absolutely poor. It got all my three strikes:
1. The Air-Conditioning would just not cool the room. We had a very uncomfortable sleep.
2. The WC was broken and also cracked and rocked sideways.
3. The shower did not have hot water. The water was just luke warm.

Usually when I write for Trip Advisor I am forgiving and give the hotel management the benefit of the doubt if other things work out well. But, in this case the hotel management and maintenance got a rock solid three strikes....which in my book is OUT! Very disappointing stay. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately I had not booked this hotel but was booked by my travel agency Ketty Tours.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel!
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ali K
Murage, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Khataw,

Thank for your feedback on your stay with us.

We value all guest feedback on our product and services as it is the only way we are able to improve. Noted are the areas that we fell short of your expectations and we are already working on improving the same.

We have given upgrade of the facility top priority, this has already been scheduled to commence and we are currently in the final stages of planning.
I do hope you will give us an opportunity to host you again.

For any queries or Information kindly contact me on

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Check-in was slow, the staff behind the desk seemed a bit at a loss - and the same upon checking out as well. The room was ok, but the edges were starting to fray a little, and the internet connection was awful. The restaurant staff were slow and the food was ok, but not great.
The hotel is in a good location, but I get the feeling it has seen much better days in the past.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Murage, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Lyn H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us.
We value all guest feedback as a measure for us to improve our product and services. We have noted the areas in which we did not meet your expectations and apologize for the same. You will be glad to know that necessary measures have been taken to avoid a repeat.
We do hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you once again.

Mr. Sobhi Dahan - General Manager

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The experience is satisfactory. The rooms are spacious but lack a separate shower(mine had a bathing tub only). However the staff are cooperative and helpful. The location is excellent besides a park and right in the central business district of Nairobi. Unlike Crowne Plaza or others located remotely in less central places, this location offers a good choice of restaurents to have food outside the hotel and at a reasonable price too.

Room tip: In the high level floors Internet access(wireless) was quite weak.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Best UK,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing the feedback on your experience.

We are delighted that our staffs were excellent, including the location where we are situated right at the Heart of the Central Business district.

You will be glad to note that we have embarked on upgrading all our rooms, which will encompass bathtubs, walk in showers and Internet on all floors.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

For any queries or Information kindly contact me on

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hotel has great location close to the highway and the city centre, absolutely superb staff (including the very welcoming hotel manager), great big rooms (and it's going to be renovated so it will be even nicer), good restaurants (try the ricotta-chicken ravioli at Roberto's- it's DELICIOUS, but avoid the boring "bina colada" at the jazz bar) and a nice heated pool with a view of the Nairobi skyline (it is however a bit windy since it's far up). It's pricey but totally worth it! The breakfast makes good value for your money.

Room tip: Choose a room higher up in the building (we stayed on the seventh floor which was perfect) to avoid the PRESUMED exhaust gas from the highway which ought to be plenty.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Sara S,

Thank you for taking time to share your reviews about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that our hotel location worked in your favor and as well the breathtaking view from our heated swimming pool.

I am glad my team and I took good care of you and have also noted the positive reviews on Robertos – our Italian Restaurant and our sumptuous buffet breakfast. I appreciate your feedback on the pina colada served at our Jazz bar; we are looking at options to spice it up.
I confirm that we are currently planning the hotel renovations and as mentioned, this will make our big rooms even more inviting.
We do look forward to hosting you once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I been there as a guest for quite number of times. The rooms are spacious n clean, Breakfast, lunch, dinner all are mouth watering n the shisha awesome. The location is uptown near the park n got a beautiful view. The heated swimming pool is wow plus the buffet in the atrium. There's also Karaoke nt on Fridays which is just amazing. Will keep coming back here, l love it n the staff r friendly apart. Thanks Laico Regency

Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank FighaenRosita

Dear FighaenRosita,

Thank you for sharing your reviews on the numerous visits to the hotel; it is always our pleasure to have clients return to enjoy our excellent services, and staff friendliness and professionalism.

Our location, combined with clean and spacious rooms next to the central park definitely provide a beautiful view, also visible from the heated swimming pool.
I am elated that you also enjoy our mouth watering variety of buffet breakfasts, daily themed buffet lunches at the Atrium Garden Restaurant, dinner options from either of our three restaurants and Café Maure – our shisha lounge.
I am definitely looking forward to seeing you weekly, as you sing your heart out at our Friday Karaoke nights.

Kind Regards,