We arrived in Nairobi at 12:30am and then at the Laico Hotel one hour later. I and my wife were very tired and just wanted a room that had the basic necessaries that worked. From the outside the hotel is very impressive and inside there was a large beautiful atrium the looked up to the roof. The utilities were absolutely poor. It got all my three strikes:
1. The Air-Conditioning would just not cool the room. We had a very uncomfortable sleep.
2. The WC was broken and also cracked and rocked sideways.
3. The shower did not have hot water. The water was just luke warm.
Usually when I write for Trip Advisor I am forgiving and give the hotel management the benefit of the doubt if other things work out well. But, in this case the hotel management and maintenance got a rock solid three strikes....which in my book is OUT! Very disappointing stay. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately I had not booked this hotel but was booked by my travel agency Ketty Tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Nairobi and to the LAICO Regency Hotel, offering quality hotel accommodation as well as inspiring conference facilities in Nairobi, Kenya. LAICO Regency is considered among the best Nairobi leisure and business hotels.Perfectly suited for today's traveller, LAICO Regency offers quality service, to ensure guests' comfort at all times within a warm and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your LAICO Regency Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regency Hotel Nairobi
- Grand Regency Hotel Nairobi
- Regency Hotel Laico