See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was at this hotel for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay...I was surprised by some of the negative comments I read on tripadvisor - my experience was positive. The room was spacious and comfortable, staff friendly and the hotel really sought to accommodate me as a vegetarian - some options were really tasty (and it is not easy to find decent vegetarian food in Nairobi)...hotel managed conference aspects well and all worked seemlessly...there is a pool and gym for exercising and position of the hotel is in the heart of the city...security was also good which is important currently in Kenya...all in all, an excellent hotel for business, conferencing and leisure

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
LaicoRegency, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear David and Jeff,

Thank you for staying at LAICO Regency and moreover for taking the time to post your positive feedback. This encourages us to keep upgrading our facilities and services.

We are glad that you had a great experience from the rooms to the friendly staff, meals and conference facilities. Your satisfaction is our reward.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Regards

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Problems with this hotel were:

1. Ugly furniture, worn out and painted over with one coat of white paint.

2. Outside window has no mechanism to regulate movement. It remains fully shut or fully open , nothing in between.

3. Worn out carpet which is discoloured.

4. No complimentary water for guests.

5. Air conditioning spewed out dusty air

6. Shower was a disaster, the device to transfer water to the shower head was malfunctional, thus impossible to take a shower.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Realtor K.
Kindly accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations as outlined in your review.
We have embarked on upgrading all rooms, from the carpet, linen, curtains, TV flat screens, painting to the adding of lights. So far we have upgraded four floors and we wish to assure you that the next visit will be of a different experience.
Regarding air conditioning, this surprised us. We have however directed our Maintenance team to look at it and ensure that this is addressed and that it does not occur in any other room.

We provide complementary mineral water 2 bottles per room, replenished daily as a standard procedure. We apologize should there have been an omission error in regards to your room. It could have been an oversight at our end and will address with the Housekeeper.
I encourage you to get in touch with me direct while planning your next visit. I will ensure we throw in a surprise for you as a demonstration of our apology for not meeting your expectation.

Thank you for staying with us, hoping that you will once again give us a chance to better your experience.

Regards
Gerard Boucheraeu

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed in many so-called 4 and 5 star hotels in Nairobi (Hilton, Safari Club, Panafric, and now the Laico Regency) that all receive the same comments from me-grossly overpriced for tired and worn hotels that may justify their star rating in terms of range of services offered, but certainly not in the quality of those services. My bed was warped (turned up in the corners!) and the bathroom had definitely seen better days. I arrived late and ordered a burger and fries from room service-when I put my knife through the burger blood shot out-it was dangerously undercooked. They did it again for me, but offering it on the house would have been a nice gesture. Next time I'm going straight back to the Tribe, which is the only Nairobi hotel I've stayed at where I feel the product and service justifies the price.

• Stayed: August 2012
Njenga J, Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear guest (FrequentTravellerKV)

Kindly accept our apologies for not meeting your expectation as outlined in your review.

We are grateful for acknowledging the upgrade in public areas. We have embarked on upgrading all accommodation rooms, from the bed, carpet, linen, curtains, TV screens, wall decoration and painting to light enhancement. So far we have upgraded three floors and we assure you that the next visit will be of a better experience.

It is not in our standards or the ones of our Executive Chef to deliver food which is not cooked to our client’s preference. We took note of your comments regarding the undercooked Burger and have taken up the matter. A complementary burger awaits you on your next visit; kindly refer the bill to me once it’s delivered to you. As service delivery is paramount to us all at Laico, we are carrying out continuous training to all our staff with an aim of achieving speedy and professional service delivery.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we encourage you to give us another chance to demonstrate the difference to you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 12, 2012

For conference though the tables were too small.otherwise I slept well food was well served with some live soft music piano playing in the background. Air port pick up was ok just a bit of waiting.
I am yet to experience other hotels in Nairobi for comperison. otherwise I would rate the services offered with a standard 4star experience.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Njenga J, Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Mutale P Kangwa
We are glad that you enjoyed the food and live piano music and this goes on every single day during our theme buffet lunches. The conference tables that we have are all standard tables, we are upgrading our conference facilities and are also looking into that. We strive to make our guests satisfied at all times delivering service that is beyond expectation.
Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your valuable time to give us your feedback about our service, we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We just finished a 10-day stay at the Laico Regency with our two small children. We are VERY picky hotel guests and have to say this was a FANTASTIC experience. The staff was super friendly and remembered our names every day. The food was excellent and very high quality. The rooms were quiet, clean, spacious, and well maintained. Room service and laundry were very fast friendly and punctual.

Our only complaint was that it was a little on the expensive side, but it was an excellent place to stay and we would ABSOLUTELY stay there again! This hotel should carry a 4 out of 5 rating for sure as a standard.

We loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Russ D.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to give us a detailed feedback on your experience here at LAICO.
First we are very encouraged and grateful that you had a FANTASTIC experience. We are also happy that our staffs were super friendly, and they gave you excellent service and this is the result of skilled people who strive each day to give you unrivaled service. Having enjoyed the kind of service, we would like to qualify our prices as competitive not expensive. You will also agree that the sustenance of standards comes with a price.
We would like to welcome you once again at the LAICO and have a more FANTASTIC experience.
Kind regards