1,294 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangehistorical hotelpool deckold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel stafflate checkbusiness districtdowntown nairobirooms are spaciousbuffet breakfast
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the Stanley on 3 occasions over the years and its has generally been a pleasant experience. The hotel is well located in the City, making travel to business meetings easy and quick. The rooms are well appointed and I especially enjoy the bar and lounge. I would normally rate the hotel 4/5 or maybe even 5/5, but unfortunately at my last stay I got a seriously upset stomach from a dish delivered at room service shortly before my departure (I believe it was the smoked sailfish or swordfish). This is the only negative from many happy experiences.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Hi, I frequently travel for work in the United States and had the pleasure of traveling recently to Kenya for pleasure combined with a little bit of business. Rarely in my life have I had as much thoughtful service as I experienced at the Sarova Stanley. Steve at the Concierge desk is incredibly knowledgable and helpful along his staff of bellmen and security personnel. I wish I could name them all but you'll have to experience their unparalleled service yourself ~ my trip would not have been as terrific without them. I felt totally taken care of and everything was organized beyond expectations. All the staff (especially Elizabeth and Caroline) in the Thorn Tree Restaurant I can't say enough about. However, I must mention that I was deeply touched by the kindness of Casper the Chef whom went out of his way to prepare me Gluten Free pastries and bread while I stayed there. This was totally unsolicited and took me so completely by surprise that I almost cried when he showed me. In regard to my food sensitive, I have never experienced such thoughtfulness EVER! The reception desk and housekeeping went to great lengths to exceed my friend and I's needs that anyone reading this will understand that whenever I again come to Nairobi for any reason, The Sarova Stanley will be my residence. Every department and Every Staff member goes out of their way to please and be helpful...as I said, rarely does everyone come together to create such a wonderful stay (and I stayed there 3 times while traveling through Kenya this last month ~ each time my experience was fantastic!). Oh...the decor and rooms are very posh too and I loved the spa and pool. This place and the staff are magical! Enjoy! :)

Room Tip: The rooms I had had a great view of downtown Nairobi
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

After a tiring 6 hour journey we arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the wonderful Stephanie in reception. She immediately made us feel welcome and checked us in. As we were leaving on an evening flight she also kindly arranged for a late check out (2pm) at no extra cost.
The hotels service is top class, it’s a dated property which retains some original features so not a modern 5 star.
The breakfast as described by others is one of the best I’ve had. We were served on both days by the good staff especially the pleasant Fatima. We didn’t have other meals in the hotel so can’t comment on them.
There is a heated outside swimming pool, a gym and sauna. The gym was small and had too many machines for the space.
The rooms were of decent size and have all the things you would expect.
Location is as central as you can get and close to a lot of things sites. Taxis are available outside the hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank MGRother
Reviewed October 31, 2017

This hotel is very good to stay in the middle Nairobi every thing you need around you
Room was very clean bed and bath also clean
The wiFi not strong enough
Breakfast is fantastic specially in Friday the have traditional Kenyan food and all staff was wearing also traditional clothes full of colors

Room Tip: Rooms in the city side view is better to chose
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your support and patronage of Sarova Stanley and for the time taken to share your review with us.

Your feedback is important to us, as it acts as a yardstick of our performance.
We have note your concern on our Wi-Fi signal strength and have taken corrective measure to address this. We appreciate your praise of our swahili breakfast on Fridays and are glad to note that this enhance your overall stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again in the not distant future.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

The Sarova Stanley was the first stop of a 14 day itinerary in Kenya and what a way to introduce us to Kenya and to Nairobi. The hotel is old; however, it is beautiful and well maintained with a lot of history. The staff are all extremely personable and helpful. They were always smiling which made us smile all the time as well. We were at the hotel for two days and then back again for one day later in the trip. We ate in the Thorn Tree Cafe three times and the staff remembered us from the first time to the second time. We were extremely pleased with Elizabeth and Ken who waited on us in the Thorn Tree. The Friday morning Swahili breakfast was the best. I would definitely stay at The Stanley if I am back in Nairobi.

Room Tip: Second floor room we had was noisier than the third floor room we had.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your support and patronage of Sarova Stanley and for the time taken to share your experience with us. We are honored that you choose us as your hospitality partner for your first port of call for your itinerary in Kenya.

We are glad to read of your appreciation of our rich heritage. We also agree with you that our associates are one of our greatest assets if not the very biggest one. We have taken the liberty to acknowledge ms. Elizabeth and Mr. Ken

As we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. We thank you for your high vote of confidence in our services.