Stayed at Sarova Stanley for a couple of days before heading to the Masai. It was the perfect place to unwind after the flight and enjoy a bit of colonial style. I was met at the airport by the transfer (additional fee), which included a cold drink and a lovely cold wet face cloth.
The room was large - especially for one person, and included all the usual additions you would expect in a five star hotel.
The hotel has a great roof terrace with pool which is a the perfect place to get away from the hustle of the city and have a drink. The pool cafe food was quite good, as was the extensive buffet breakfast served in the restaurant downstairs.
The hotel is a short walk from downtown sites, although would use taxis to get around at night anywhere in Nairobi. There are security personnel throughout the hotel.
A few other tips which I hope are helpful:
- good sized safe - fitted my laptop etc
- comfortable large bed
- minor street buzz can be heard in room - would ask for a quiet room if this could be a problem
- good and free wifi access, working with both mobile devices and laptop
The air conditioning worked well - although was not 100% quiet and a reasonably old unit.
The hotel is full of photos from its long past, which is a nice touch. Staff were generally very attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kenya’s first luxury hotel, Sarova Stanley opened its elegant doors in 1902. Since then, it has been making history- hosting royal safaris and legendary personalities such as Edward Prince of Wales and Ernest Hemingway. Today, as the hotel enters its second century, it continues to maintain its unique heritage and provides state-of-the-art services and facilities for business and leisure travelers. All guestrooms are a blend of luxurious Victorian grandeur and modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Jovago.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sarova Stanley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Stanley Hotel Nairobi
- Sarova Stanley Nairobi