1,294 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangehistorical hotelpool deckold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel stafflate checkbusiness districtdowntown nairobirooms are spaciousbuffet breakfast
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed in the Stanley over 30 times. It's a great hotel with wonderful service. I feel safer there than any other hotel in town. I really enjoy the staff and restaurants. It's the only place I stay anymore.

• Stayed: July 2013
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear ddmergens,

Thank you for your review.

We are greatly honoured for making Sarova Stanley your home in Kenya. The team acknowledges you as part of the family.

Once again thank you and we are always excited to host you.

David Gachuru

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here for six nights for a conference in July. The staff was exceptionally friendly and very attentive. Since most of my meals were buffet style it is hard to comment on the individual service, but the food was good all days. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean and well kept. The gym is small but very nice with free weights and machines (elliptical, running, bike). We had no security issues at all. One domolaint was the lack of flexibility. We arrived fur hours before official check in and they noted they had rooms for us to take. After giving us the key they told us we would be charged and additional 75% for the extra hours. When we Declined they took the room keys back and made us wait. This seemed very poor judgment given we were staying there for six nights AND it was clear the rooms we free.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tillman B

Dear Tillman B,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy that you liked the buffet dishes, the room and the team's friendliness and attentiveness.

We have noted the concern on inflexibility of our check-in and check-out time. Allow us to explain; we raise an early arrival fee to guarantee that the room will be ready before our official check-in time. In turn, this guarantee gives our team enough time to prepare for guest arrival. This policy has been communicated to our customers and partners. Unfortunately, this concern was not properly communicated and it affected you. We have since addressed this issue with the team.

Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Over 400 nights in Nairobi hotels in past 20 years. Thought I would give the formerly New Stanley a try. I arrived just before midnight for a one night stay. The place is spotless. Everywhere! I asked what time check out was and they said 10:00 a.m. I requested a few extra hours and was immediately denied and advised ANYTHING past 10:00 and I would be charged 75% of the daily rate. In the morning (after sleeping on the hardest mattress ever) I requested again thinking maybe it was an ornery night clerk. Boy was I wrong. That is our policy and that is it. Well, my policy is not to stay at such rigid hotels. Nairobi is EZ. Either the Norfolk or the Serena. Both outstanding and very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mzungumaasai1990

Dear Guest,

Thank you your review.

We are very excited that you chose to stay at Sarova Stanley on one of the 400 nights you are in Nairobi. We appreciate your candid comment and comparison with other hotels in the city.

Thank you for your kind comments on our housekeeping efforts.

We have noted the issue of inflexibility in our system with regards to late check-out. It is unfortunate that we did not take time to understand your need and therefore we did not address it adequately. We have gone through this comment with the team to ensure our communication is sincere and beneficial to our guest need. We have noted your comment on our mattress.

We look forward to hosting you again to experience a renewed team.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The staff really try to make you feel welcome. The rooms are quite nice and very clean. The location is both good and bad - at the centre of Nairobi - which also means the traffic jams can be really bad getting in and out. The swimming pool is heated and really quite nice. If breakfast is not included in your room price it is $30 per person. This seems very pricey to me given that main courses for dinner cost around $12 at the same restaurant. For people used to continental European breakfasts there isn't much selection of cheese or anything like that. Internet is very slow and patchy but free.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear moominoid,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your kind comments on our team welcome, the guest rooms, location in Nairobi's central business district and swimming pool. We have also noted the price of breakfast for continental breakfast lovers and the internet connectivity.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Service is bad, staff is everywhere and looks helpful but is utterly inefficient. Checking in took over 20mins, Internet didn't work in my room, so I had to move. Breakfast is lousy at best. Food is overpriced. Check out time is 10am, after your key doesn't work. They did extend to 12 noon after I complained, though.
I'll avoid this hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pablo F

Dear Pablo,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

We have noted the areas of concern raised for our action to rectify. Kindly give us more information on breakfast so that we can take an appropriate action. The hotel's check-out time is 10am, that is why your key didn't work after 10am. Upon availability, the hotel allows for late check-out on request.

You may reach us on thestanley@sarovahotels.com or +254 20 2757000.

We hope to host you again in the near future.

David Gachuru